Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Poisoned bullets?

I've discovered that you can spray desinfecant on bullets.

Would that make them poisoned? Will person that get hit by such bullet and survived get sick?

I can't test it becouse I do not have in game buddy, but did somebody else maybe tested if you can poison bullets with desinfecant?

Shouldn't the bullet be cleaner after spraying desinfecant on it?

This.....

Drinking disinfectant and using it to.. I don't know... DISINFECT things, are different.  The need to explain this fact is a little worrying to me.

• Like 1

I can see this being done to arrows, but not bullets.

Just shot a guy with my "poisoned" bullets. Took me 31 shots to kill him, could be desync.

Wouldn't it clean the bullets....?

Why would that poison it? Think this through man the only way it could poison the person is if it was inside the bullet in a reservoir and is released inside the persons body. It cleans it just like it would clean a table at home, if you clean a table at home and then eat something off of it are you going to be poisoned, no.

Considering no acknowledgement to the facts stated here, I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread. 4/10 because I actually thought for a sec that you were asking a legit question. 

You're such a nice guy, you shoot at people and in the process clean their wounds :D

They ought to add poisoning to things such as knives, axes, bayonettes and the like though. Just stab a zombie with your knife a couple of times after it's dead and it's most likely filled

with different pathogens or a festering animal corpse. I guess unless there's already an increased infection rate from damaged weapons over pristine ones.

Now that I think about it....everyone is right...your really nice! Cleaning their items and possibly wounds for them. You can take my loot anytime man....:P

The heat from the firing process would burn off any poison you placed on the outside of a bullet. There have been several experiments done with placing poison inside of a hollow point and sealing it with paraffin, but these only work on smaller calibers.

These were used to covertly poison a target without actually revealing that they had been shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Markov#Assassination

Creating a poison filled 5.56 or 7.62 round is a ridiculous waste. Generally a larger caliber such as this would kill or maim your target, especially if your firing more than one round.

Creating a poison filled 5.56 or 7.62 round is a ridiculous waste. Generally a larger caliber such as this would kill or maim your target, especially if your firing more than one round.

But in game, my targets often just run away after being shot once, sprinting like nothing happened while bleeding and/or combat log and thats it. No maim effect or anything like that.

That's why I had hope that I could poison then, so they die even if they run away after being shot once.

Hey look at the bright side thought, your bullets are gunna be looking nice and shiny just like my kitchen floor. 

But in game, my targets often just run away after being shot once, sprinting like nothing happened while bleeding and/or combat log and thats it. No maim effect or anything like that.

That's why I had hope that I could poison then, so they die even if they run away after being shot once.

What? People should be able to respond to being attacked.  If you shoot them several times you kill them; shoot them once they have a chance to escape.  Maybe stop using a mosin from miles away and actually fight up close and you'll get more kills. 

Edited by Mdogg2005

Bullets don`t need to be poisoned, they cause enough damage in and by themselves, and as stated, it is hard to actually poison a target by bullet. 

Poisoned bolts, knives/spears and arrows would be nice though.

Bullets don`t need to be poisoned, they cause enough damage in and by themselves, and as stated, it is hard to actually poison a target by bullet. 

Poisoned bolts, knives/spears and arrows would be nice though.

What damage? People just bandage up after being shot and are good as new.

........poison filled 5.56 round........ Generally a larger caliber such as this......

lol wat

Oh god ... just wait till they add shit to the game.   In b4 everyone starts asking to be able to dip bullets in shit!

What damage? People just bandage up after being shot and are good as new.

Not really. The damage stays, they only stop the bleeding. Also, if they hit and break the legs... I don't consider that "good as new", to be honest. Also, bandaging up right in combat can be dangerous.

Or maybe you meant something else.

What if spraying your bullets with disinfectant was a way of being a dick....

"Sorry for shooting you, but look at the bright side....The wound won't get infected now."

"Oops, you bled to death. Guess it really didn't matter".