herd

Spawning with different gear / different location / stats very often

I bought used ARMA X on ebay, the seller said the game is unused.

I dont know if its a bug of the game or the seller still playing but here is what happens - VERY often I spawn with different gear in the different location and with different stats such as zombies kills.

I cant play like it anymore. I just had full gear with a pistol and a winchester full with ammo. Go to the different server - all gone.

Another time I had nothing - hop on to another server and had weapons.

One time I spawned with 2 sniper rifles though.

As I said I dont spawn on the beach - rather in RANDOM locations as If I was playing someones character. I still have my name in the debug monitor which is very weird if it was someones character.

Is this a bug? Can the seller still play the game with the same CD KEY ? Would the game allow it ? Would it explain my troubles?

Can I find out if my CD KEY being used by another person ?

Hi there, it's an Arma 2 Bug which Bohemia will address in a future Beta Patch, see here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136223-PlayerId-change-for-Reinforcements-ArmA-X-users

You are basically sharing your PlayerID (not your GUID, this is an unique value based on the CD Key) with another user out there. Which results in both of you playing the same DayZ char (since DayZ uses the playerId as a distinguishing factor).

Edit: Well it is one of the possibilities, I bought a retail Arma X Copy and got the same problem, just as a sidenote

Thanks! But it says:

"The conflict for the Operation Arrowhead family of products was solved by changing PlayerId for all players using ArmA 2: Reinforcements or ArmA X Anniversary Edition. The users ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead will find their PlayerIds unchanged."

And I have the ARMA X edition and they say its fixed for those.

Nah they say "The solution is implemented in build 94002..." - the current Beta Patch Build is 93965 :) - so it is not in the current beta build.

Once you install the new beta (once they release it, that is) this will be fixed for you, because you will get a new playerId (Arma X users get a new playerId, Operation Arrowhead users won't).

YEEES !!! ITS FIXED OMG !! No more I will LOOSE all my loot !!!

[94002] Fixed: PlayerId changed for users using Reinforcements or Arma X Anniversary edition to prevent PlayerId conflicts.

Haha its still not fixed :S With the latest beta patches I cant join any server as the server says I am running an incompatible version of the server side application.

I hope the 1.7.2 mod patch will fix :S