Sign in to follow this  
Malarkey (DayZ)

Quick bar, inventory and f key issues

I did as much research as I could before posting and read here to see if I could find someone with the same problem. When I first connect to a server everything works as it should. After roughly 5 minutes or so the quick bar becomes unresponsive. I also through inventory tab cannot place any item in my hands. I also cannot execute any f key commands such as sit for example. I am not lagging in game or experiencing any frame rate drop. Aside from these specific issues the game performs quite well. Once I restart Dayz and enter a server the problem normally is resolved until a few minutes later. This repeats every single time. Obviously this is frustrating if I don't currently have a weapon in hand when the problem occurs. Another vital issue with this problem is the inability to eat or drink unless I come across a well to drink from. So I am asking for any possible solution because as it sits the game is pretty much unplayable, unless I want to die of course.

And you might die, because when that happens players and zeds could be invisible to you, while they see you very well.

This problem is called desync, meaning that the client is not syncronized with the server. Search for the threads already opened about this issue, now that you know its name: it had been discussed many times and there is no solution yet.

I think this is a server side problem, I experience the same thing sometimes.

With regards to the hotbar I find that if I hold the button corresponding to the item that I want to move to my hands for a second instead of simply tapping it it works more consistantly. The other issues can be more problematic though.

Edited by Mos1ey

Yeah after researching I decided to disable the real time protection on my Ad-Aware Antivirus and it seems to have solved my issues. I played for 30+ minutes without any of my previous issues.