Sign in to follow this  
crosa

Running DayZ SA on a Macbook Pro?

Hi, I have a buddy that is really interested in trying out DayZ but he only has a Macbook Pro, Has anyone successfully played DayZ SA on a Macbook Pro? if so what programs did you use?

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Just Emulate Windows....on your Mac

It is the only way. Dual Boot dat shit

That's how I've been playing all along ! Stay away from programs that have you "run" windows while inside the Mac OS. They are expensive, processor intensive, and you still have to buy windows. Have him "boot camp" the Mac. You'll need a good 20gig for windows 7, and some to spare....I did 80gigs total on my windows boot camped partition. You'll need to download a few files onto a Zip drive through boot camp first, but it will guide you through. Just leave the flash drive in when you restart to install windows. Then insert a windows 7 disk, and it will tell you what to do from there.

Windows may ask again what partition to install on. Make sure it's on the boot camp partition !!!!! It may say you need to re format that drive again, or say it can't install on that partition. If so, select the reformat option for the partition and it will only take about a minute to scan the disk and say its ready.

Once in windows, be careful about trying to install all the updates at once. Major hang up issues can arise. Have him only do important ones and a few at a time. You can also set your boot disk options in control panel to either Mac or windows OS. But any time you restart the Mac, holding "option" key will bring up a boot menu.

Do yourselves a favor, turn off anti aliasing in dayz. Makes the game run a little meh on the MacBook.

• Like 1