Sign in to follow this  
ZombieGuy23

FPS issue in Dayz

I quit dayz for a week or two roughly and when I came back I started to notice FPS issues. I've been looking around for a few days and still no fixes for this. 

In that time I moved my OS (windows 7) and dayz to a new SSD.

I'm getting odd spikes in fps as well. 

Before I was getting. 

30 FPS in many towns

50 FPS outside of towns

The game ran smoothly. I came back and even on the lowest settings I was getting 9-12 FPS at times. 

Right now I got it to managable, but haven't found the fix. 

10-20 in many towns

20-35 FPS outside of towns 

i5-4670k 3.4 - cpu 

gtx 760 - gpu

Card drivers are up to date and I've tried a few other ideas. 

Could battle eye just be the main issue of this? 

Edited by ZombieGuy23

Nope it's because they won't optimize the game until Beta, Looks like most of us are stuck with it :/ 

Nope it's because they won't optimize the game until Beta, Looks like most of us are stuck with it :/ 

Do you know why it would randomly change this way though? It used to run fine for a week or two. Never had problems until I came back again. 

Edited by ZombieGuy23

I have noticed a small FPS drop in my game, There is a forum post made by one of the devs that tells you how to get a small increase, Maybe check that out

I have noticed a small FPS drop in my game, There is a forum post made by one of the devs that tells you how to get a small increase, Maybe check that out

do you know where it's posted? 

It is in the "New Player Discussion" Forum section and is titled "Possible FPS enhancer" Follow those instructions and you should be fine ish 

my brother had a sudden lag issue in his fps. discovered that it was a cpu issue. sorted it and game runs smoothly again.

If it's not optimized for performance in cities in alpha don't expect it to ever be, look at Arma 3 as an example.

I managed to get an insane performance increase by setting my PC's power scheme to High Performance. Maybe that'll work for you?

Can't believe it was this. 

I turned it on/off a couple of times. 

Lower power adjustments it runs at 20-23 fps while higher it hit 40-45 and 50+ at times. Worked like a charm thanks.