Sign in to follow this  
Outis

I finally saw another player...

I'd been playing for a couple of hours - found a backpack and motorcycle helmet, finally got myself some food and drink, even had a screwdriver to open the cans I had.  Wandering the coastline, I felt like a survivor, alone in this seemingly empty world, when suddenly I hear a voice behind me.  

"Hey."  I immediately dodge left, ducking into a nearby doorway and preparing to defend my meager possessions from some would-be bandit.  

"Hey, can you kill me?" he said.  "I don't want to spawn here."

'What.' is my only thought.  "What?" is how I reply.

"Just hit me in the back of the head."  Dumbfounded, I ready my crowbar, my defense against the monsters, to comply to this strange request.  As I strike my friend, the only living human I've seen in this world thus far, I hear his final words before he falls to the ground.  

"Thanks, man."

"...No problem."  My reply, too late, resounds upon empty ears.  

After this I sat down and read a little.  

I'd finally seen another player, and he asked me to kill him.  

• Like 4

Thats a shame, my first player interaction was at a random town in the NE, There I am, standing with nothing, and this fully geared player comes out. I stand there, waiting to be kos'd, but no.....

This guy gives me a handgun and some decent clothes, drops some food and runs off.....

To his day I have never shot on sight, in the mere hopes that I may meet this player again

I'd been playing for a couple of hours - found a backpack and motorcycle helmet, finally got myself some food and drink, even had a screwdriver to open the cans I had.  Wandering the coastline, I felt like a survivor, alone in this seemingly empty world, when suddenly I hear a voice behind me.  

"Hey."  I immediately dodge left, ducking into a nearby doorway and preparing to defend my meager possessions from some would-be bandit.  

"Just hit me in the back of the head."  Dumbfounded, I ready my crowbar, my defense against the monsters, to comply to this strange request.  As I strike my friend, the only living human I've seen in this world thus far, I hear his final words before he falls to the ground.  

"Thanks, man."

At least he asked politely

Some players I've encountered just charge into me with their fist raised, obviously they want to suicide because I am fully geared and they dont even have pants on

Thats a shame, my first player interaction was at a random town in the NE, There I am, standing with nothing, and this fully geared player comes out. I stand there, waiting to be kos'd, but no.....

This guy gives me a handgun and some decent clothes, drops some food and runs off.....

To his day I have never shot on sight, in the mere hopes that I may meet this player again

I was trying to help a player like this last night in Stary Sobor... he was stood there, with an axe, bleeding...whilst I tried to talk to him another freshspawn charged at me so I gunned him down...went and bandaged the axe guy, gave him saline, dropped my unloaded M4 then dropped a magazine and ammo a little distance apart...he just stood there, just watching me...

so I picked it up again and left him stood there watching over the corpse of a foolish freshspawn (really foolish...I mean to suicide when u spawn in Stary Sobor? The world is your oyster from there)

How did he look like?

How did he look like?

Gas mask,

Helmet

M4, 

FNx45 with chest holster

TTkso pants

green shirt

"Thanks, man."

Good story, man.  I made it into a short video for you to enjoy :)

Edited by jimmijamjams
  • Like 4

That reminds me of my first experience playing the mod in summer 2012, i had no idea about arma and barely seen any videos. i spawned at the coast and tried to hide in the grass to check the options menu for the controls when i heard some footsteps. i had no idea how to chat and got so nervous i could not even remember how to stand up when two players with guns stopped right before me. I just lay in the grass and all i could do was rotate and randomly press some buttons and so i waited for my first death.

They dropped a pepsi and some beans and moved on.

I´m so glad the standalone is now back for some interaction instead of that yolo kos we had in the last year in the mod. Despite so many people complaining about kos the standalone from my experience is much - M U C H friendlier than the mod. On the servers i play on (medium populated eu) i would say 1 of 10 players is hostile while the rest is neutral or friendly. In the last year of the mod it was the opposite.

Edited by okami

That reminds me of my first experience playing the mod in summer 2012, i had no idea about arma and barely seen any videos. i spawned at the coast and tried to hide in the grass to check the options menu for the controls when i heard some footsteps. i had no idea how to chat and got so nervous i could not even remember how to stand up when two players with guns stopped right before me. I just lay in the grass and all i could do was rotate and randomly press some buttons and so i waited for my first death.

They dropped a pepsi and some beans and moved on.

I´m so glad the standalone is now back for some interaction instead of that yolo kos we had in the last year in the mod. Despite so many people complaining about kos the standalone from my experience is much - M U C H friendlier than the mod. On the servers i play on (medium populated eu) i would say 1 of 10 players is hostile while the rest is neutral or friendly. In the last year of the mod it was the opposite.

My guess is because right now the players who are here are likely dedicated to the game, knowing how fun it is, etc.  The masses, the people most likely to gank you, aren't willing to fork over $30 for a game in alpha stage :) 

I'm still paranoid, myself, having heard the horror stories.  Just the other night I saw a player sprinting down the road.  I didn't know how to hail them, so I just hid and waited for them to get out of site.  

I also saw a zombie standing around and then *sprinted* off, so my guess is it saw another player.   Unless zombies are prone to random sprinting?  :)