herd

Melee weapons should take the SECONDARY slot

What: Melee weapons should take the SECONDARY slot.

Why: more realistic, adds to the gameplay.

More why: since ammo and weapons pretty rare right now, I often have a gun without bullets. But then I cant defend myself w/o dropping the weapon. Even if I drop my weapon ALL the ammo of any kind also drop to the ground.

Another suggestion: remove the possibility of a zombie to break your legs.

Why: Its unrealistic and plan stupid. Brakes the gameplay. Melee weapons dont really help right now with every zombies braking your legs / let you bleed on every third hit. If its removed the gameplay will become more enjoyable -> you could actually killing zombies even if you have weapon with ammo to make stealthy kills and save ammo.

I was about to make the same suggestion. it makes sense as nobody would be walking around with an axe as a primary weapon when he has a rifle. Pistols and melee weapons are like short range weapons anyway

I agree fully with this. The crowbar and hatchet in real life can easily be one handed, and proped on a belt. To make pistols more attractive they could let people combine flashlights with them to offer light, as they can still use a pistol as well as a light at the same time realisticly, while melee weapons would require 2 hands and thus be silent, but offer no light in times of need.

Really? I actually disagree, to me it seems melee weapons atm atleast are more of a last resort weapon, something only newly spawned characters would bother with, thus having them as a primary and leaving the secondary slot open allows the new players to be better armed as secondary slot weapons and ammo are usually easier to find.

Fully agree with this one.

I disagree with this one.

Axe/crowbar are roughly same size and weight as a rifle' date=' not a pistol.

[/quote']

An axe is about the same weight of a pistol and eight full mags, and can be carried in your belt.

If melee weapons were a secondary weapon, then pretty much EVERYONE would carry one and there would be no real sense of urgency or vulnerability when you run out of ammo. You'd always have a usable and fairly effective weapon.

As primary weapons, people are forced to make a choice more - whether to drop their weapon that's out of ammo and pick up a crowbar, or risk holding out for more ammo.

Fully agree with this one.

I disagree with this one.

Axe/crowbar are roughly same size and weight as a rifle' date=' not a pistol.

[/quote']

An axe is about the same weight of a pistol and eight full mags, and can be carried in your belt.

Maybe, but I still don't think it should go in the pistol slot in this game.

I disagree, melee weapons used right are much more effective than guns, and extremely more safe when in densely populated/ zombie infested areas.

I agree with this, i'd REALLY like to be able to use the hatchet without having to put my primary down/risk putting it in my pack. But I'd also be willing to lose a pistol for it.

melee should not be secondary weapon, i have been in a tight situation with no ammo and the choice between keeping my primary weapon or downgrade to my hatchet... and tbh, the hachet/crowbar should definatly be your PRIMARY weapon, as SAYO said, "its a last resort weapon".

but seriously though... "remove the possibility of a zombie to break your legs"... "if its removed the gameplay will become more enjoyable"... seriously thats BS, if its removed it would make the game more casual.

Rocket has already said the reason is a technical one. Arma 2 has a limitation on the types of animations used for secondary weapons. He had to use primary. Wait for ARMA 3 to see any change here.