naaitsabes93

Black screen on startup dayz Standalone

Hi all,

Since yesterday my DayZ Standalone wont startup properly anymore.

When i start up the game i get the Bohemia Interactive logo, after that the dayz logo and then just a black screen.

The game doesnt crash, it just stays on the black screen for... forever..

Seeing as it was working fine before i seriously don't know what to do.

Already tried Reinstalling too no affail, still cannot play.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Alright, just got it working again.

If you open dayz from the folder instead of through steam it will startup proper.

• Like 1

Alright, just got it working again.

If you open dayz from the folder instead of through steam it will startup proper.

You can try "Adding a Non Steam Game" to your library and just selecting the .exe - My friend was having issues running Bioshock Infinite due to the same issue and it seemed to resolve it.

• Like 1

I Have this exact same problem except i Dont get the logo, and it just stays black and the only way too fix it is too turn my pc off and on, im on windows 8 and my friend is on windows 7 and runs it as smooth as can be, Ive been fixing it by deleting and reinstalling the game but now it wont work, im gonna try the 2 suggestions above, Thank you too who ever replys and helps me! :(

THIS IS RUINING MY DAYZ EXPERIENCE 

Edited by tC_Plexy

hi

i have a blackscreen after joining a server. I can hear my footsteps and even the difference of ego/3rd person. i see the crosshair and the item bar at the bottom but nothing else X(

any idea how to fix this?