Sign in to follow this  
Nolok

Character wont die

My character is lost in endless hills and he wont starve or die of thirst, I've been like this for hours and for some reason I can't respawn no matter what.... the game is effectively unplayable now. What can I do?

become........KING OF THE HILL!!!!!

• Like 2

Run in the opposite direction. You're in what's called Debug Plains. They continue forever and ever and ever and ever...

Yeah I know except I'm completely turned around, and my vision is completely whited out at this point and I can't see what I'm doing, my thirst and hunger are maxed but my character just won't die.... I try running in a direction and eventually the game will like freeze until I alt f4 and come back in. I got like 2 days of Day Z in and was enjoying it but now it seems I spent 30 bucks on a paperweight, I really wish they let you suicide. There is nothing out here for me to suicide with just endless rolling hills...

Make a new character if you want the easy way out. That's if you don't care about what you lose :)

I am totally okay with losing my character but I don't have the option to respawn so I cannot. My hunger and thirst are maxed the hell out and I'm completely blind and can't see where I'm going as a result so trying to navigate out of the debug plains is not an option. My character won't die. I have no way to kill it. My game is a paperweight.

Spamjoin multiple servers.

Literally.

Pick server, wait for the "Ready" word to come out, spamclick escape till you get to menu.

Repeat multiple times and then try and join again.

Edited by iRazgriz

Try what G24HAM suggested you, some people gets wiped changing servers too quickly. Try that, choose also high ping ones and "strange" ones, it might work...get in and get out, sometimes try to get out also when it says "please wait".

Lol ninjed

Edited by Gugolas

Are there any mods or anything that support this product? I'm beginning to think I'm a fool, my friends all warned me against getting this game and now it seems I flushed 30 bucks down the toilet after a day of playing... bugs I understand this is ridiculous though.

I got contacted by a mod who says he's working on a fix :) Here's hoping.

Edited by Nolok

Haven't heard anything.. any other mods able to wipe me? Steak and Potatoes said my character was corrupt and he'd have to wipe it but I didn't hear anything else..

I have a solution, simple as it sounds.  

1. Log in steam.

2. Launch Dayz

3. Go to the main menu.

4. Select the character tab.

5. Choose set default.

6. Reload into another server via default character.

This will wipe your original character and gear allowing you to respawn on the coast and continue playing.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Doesn't respawn me.

Edited by Nolok