Sign in to follow this  
Immersive

Suggestion:Bases/Building

Dunno if it's been established, or confirmed but being able to build a base would be pretty cool. Tents like from the mod are okay, but being able to use tools we find to build a base in a place of your choice where you can store items and rest up would be nice.

Another reason for this is to encourage people to explore other parts of the map other than cherno or elektro or the various military bases. Lets be real here, as of now nobody explores the map outside of those places and there's so many places to see and such a fun open map. I feel as people being able to have a choice to make a base in the woods, overlooking a pasture, on a mountain, or even by a lake would add much needed depth. Let me know what you think.

Normally i like to give a decent response to people but just google it rockets made numerous statements on this, i can't even fap to this subject anymore.

I'd really much prefer the ability to fortify and barricade existing structures using items like wood, scrap metal, padlocks, bricks, etc. The wooden houses in Epoch and Rust look ridiculous and out of place.

I'd really much prefer the ability to fortify and barricade existing structures using items like wood, scrap metal, padlocks, bricks, etc. The wooden houses in Epoch and Rust look ridiculous and out of place.

That's kinda what I meant. Padlocks would be awesome. Some safe or something to put your stuff inside and able to be locked would be great too. Of course a dedicated bandit could and would be able to break in and loot. But if that happens pick a better spot. Maybe a house right outside of elektro wouldn't be a smart base to put your newly acquired m4 and secret stash of beans in. Especially if they can use those every things stored there to kill you when you get home. Welcome back, with a new hole in your head.

tents would be nice eventually.

dont want to see houses unless it just crude shacks that have storage but no real way to secure stuff 100% while your offline.

It could make the crowbar useful as a B&E tool. An acetylene torch or a battery powered circular saw could be higher end tools, that require fuel or battery packs to operate.

A booby trap system would be cool too. I want to use a spare double-barrel with the trigger tied to the door knob. You might come home and all your stuff is gone, or you might come home to find a corpse to loot on your front door.