Sign in to follow this  
VikingBerserker

Alpha to Coverage causes grass to look pixellated...

I've searched the forums and google to no avail. Whenever I enable Alpha to Coverage my grass turns extremely sharp with lots of straight lines. Changing my Edge Smoothing does not affect it but it does look nicer with Post Processing on Normal. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? The trees and grass look much better with AtC on and I'd like to be able to make the grass softer looking. Does anyone else encounter this problem?

Below are some screenshots. It looks a lot worse in-game compared to how the screenshots came out but it may give some idea.

105bin4.jpg

2qbaj51.jpg

Edited by VikingBerserker

What have you got antialiasing set to?

I used to get the same thing in ArmA 2 if I had AToC on and antialiasing set to anything under "very high".

Anti Aliasing is set to Very High. As I said before it's a little difficult to see without movement but it's almost as if the grass looks like the screen on the screen door.

AMD FX 8350 Eight-core Processor 4.00GHz

DDR3 RAM 16.0GB

AMD Radeon 7950 3.0GHz

Edited by VikingBerserker

Hey,

have the same problem. it looks very pixellated sometimes.. deactivating alpha to coverage looks a bit better but.. yeah you know.. it looks like garbage.

my spec: amd fx-6300

radeon 7850 2gb

8 gb 1600 ddr3 ram

win7 professional 64bit

using catalyst driver 13.12

TauBa56.jpg

3P3k4zu.jpg

Would be great if someone has a solution for this problem. It bugs me every day :(.

Edited by Soulor

im really fucking tired of this graphical bug, when dayz staff have planned to fix this? and dont blame amd drivers pls... this bug was not in dayz mod.....