Sign in to follow this  
General Desire

Finally got a piece of that Youtube-worthy Balota action.. I killed.

Yesterdag evening I logged out, close to Balota. Logging in today, I started with doing some looting in the tents, and proceeded to the airfield. Scouting with my Mosin with uberobvious non-functional bayonet on my back and my M4 with red dot sight in hand, I crossed the strip. Nothing special in the prison on the east, and finally found some magnum ammo in the ATC tower. On to  the prison on the other end of the strip. Closed the doors, looked around, and heard a shot. I yelled, "Don't shoot man, I'm friendly. I'm downstairs", thinking he was up. Carefully looked in all the rooms, no one there. By this time I was getting seriously paranoid. Didn't see anything outside the windows but I heard another 6-7 shots, this time clearly outside on the northwest end. I tried to get a better look through the windows. Nothing. I'm sure I've been inside for nearly 20 minutes, yet those minutes were more exciting than a 20 minute BF match. Time to #yolo. I opened the doors, ran outside and immediately took a left, going round the building. There he was, proned in the grass with army backpack and ballistic helmet. There was another man next to him. Dead, as a result of those 6-7 shots. I didn't hesitate, this fella was up to no good. The only other time I tried to shoot someone with an M4 I was Rambo-ing it all up and probably didn't hit a thing. Now I changed me zero to 50, crouched, lifted the gun and shot in burst of 2-3 bullets. He was dead, right after he turned around and looked in my direction. My irl heart raced. I ran to his body immediately, a mistake I will never make again. Looking through his stuff I wondered why the hell someone would carry that much ammo. So far I've always made sure I had a large magazine and some bullets, this guy collected everything, from bullets to non-functional scopes. I suddenly realized I had been standing there a bit too long, and seeing how I mainly had food, water and soda, I quickly swapped my large 35 slot green backpack for his army one, when someone opened fire on me. I ran away, strafing between the bullets of this lousy shooter, and managed to get my way back in the building. Not the best hiding spot of course. The guy I killed had a buddy, determined to take me down. I was bleeding, and it took a while for my bandages to finally apply, something I accredit to the server I suppose. Again, nothing through the windows. I ran out back in a large loop again, and 15 minuted later saw the bodies in the distance. I approached carefully, but got shot at again, this time not being hit. I saw the smokeparticles, so I had an idea where this shooter would have been. I ran away, taking a larger detour and hiding in one of the buildings between balota and the big city up north. I ate all the painkillers, foods and soda I had, hoping for a stop to all this grunting. I went back round tying to take down the second gunner, mainly because I wanted to spend more time looting, and I wanted my food and waterbottles back. By the time I was near where I thought it was, the server disconnected. I will spawn somewhere in Balota, with a screen which I'm afraid can turn grey any moment. I still have some meds and bloodbags, but the Saline IV was in the backpack I left with the dead bodies. I'm afraid I will have to find a good soul who wants to bloodbag me.

I think I played for roughly 1.5-2 hours. Not much happened, but what a suspense. What a game. I'm embarrassed to say that my last two nights were occupied by dreaming about a zombie apocalypse.

General Desire out.

• Like 4

Great little read general, very good storyteller  :thumbsup:

Excellent grammar and paragraphs too!

FRAT!

I have died already in the meanwhile ;( Shortest play ever. Spawned behind that prison where the server disco'd, wanted to walk in, but I saw the doors were closed. In stead of being smart, I ran in and got shot right between the eyes by a yellow raincoat crouching in the corner. Doh!

Edited by General Desire