Sign in to follow this  
res

For the ones who kill; KoS, torture or backstab?

Evil Poll  

37 members have voted

1. 1. KoS, torture or backstab?

• I kill on sight; no interaction.
    • Torture; handcuff, force feeding, taunting
    • Backstab; Interact a little and BANG.

I would really like to write a long post about this, but there's not much to talk about.

For the ones who fill their mental energy bar by making evil actions in DayZ, what do you prefer? Multiple choices are available.

Personally, I like to interact a little, you know, a little talk, meet who I am going to kill and when I feel like it's time to go, BANG!

I've done of everything but I never skip the verbal interaction part of finding a player. It's what differences DayZ from another generic shooter.

There's very few people who are really cool about the whole dying in DayZ situation so, I usually help them, tell them not to be too nice to unknown people and let them go.

So, what do you prefer?

• Like 1

Backstab, I teamed up with 4 guys and we went into a supermarket, only to run into another 4 guys.

Now imagine the scene, 8 guys standing in a small supermarket, and suddenly a shot goes off, everyone hits the deck and moves to cover. The place ligts up, noboy sure who fired the first shot, apart from me ;)

I sneak out the back, head down the street and wait for the shooting to stop, come back in and then finish off the last two guys!

Interaction leads to the funniest things :P

I avoid killing. But if you cross me, I'll drag your ass to Green Mountain and leave you there.

I love torturing, handcuffing and force feeding BUT, when it goes wrong, its a terrible tragedy (P.S Just made a story thread explaining my story :P)

Edited by Ted_Youtube
  • Like 2

The place ligts up, noboy sure who fired the first shot, apart from me ;)

That's hilarious!  :lol:

That's hilarious!  :lol:

It is the one time I wish I had recorded, I would swap all my current clips for that clip, It was the most akward time when we met, everyone just stood there, looking at each other :P

All depends on my mood and if I'm alone or with a clan.

I role play the hell out of this game. I make up crazy back stories and play them out.

If I get captured and handcuffed...I play that role, I don't get pissed or log out, I just play along with that role as a prisoner, and it's fun as hell!

Sometimes I hunt spawn killers, sometimes I am a spawn killer. It just depends on my mood and character.

This game is not black and white, it's not are you this way or that...at least not for me.

This game allows for so many different play styles that to stick with one is just silly to me.

I'm usually pretty "merciful" when it comes to new spawns and players that are obviously just getting their feet under them, but if a fully military geared person approaches and doesn't immediately give some kind of sign of friendly, I don't think twice

It is the one time I wish I had recorded, I would swap all my current clips for that clip, It was the most akward time when we met, everyone just stood there, looking at each other :P

I feel for you, man.  As a consolation prize please accept this recreation of your encounter.

Hope it eases the loss a little :)

• Like 5

I feel for you, man.  As a consolation prize please accept this recreation of your encounter.

Hope it eases the loss a little :)

So much respect bro! Dat voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Cheers fellas :)

Back to the OP

For me, I prefer backstabbing and the interaction beforehand.  KoS always leaves me a little cold and torture is a bit too depraved for my tastes.  However, some chat with a sprinkling of murder, who can't enjoy that?

there is a way to permanently handcuff a player. while i'm not sure that having no way to break a pair of handcuffs is the sort of experience dean intended, breaking a pair of high tensile steel cuffs after less than a minute of struggle seems less than ideal. a friend and i forced another player into a berezino highrise at gunpoint. once cuffed, he mentioned having several armed friends in the area. we released him, telling him that his cuffs should break after some walking - we truly had no idea how permanent the cuffed state was. He slowly walked out onto the street in berezino and proceeded to walk away cuffed and helpless on a high-population server. his pleas for help grew quiet as he moved further away and we watched him through our long range scopes to see if anyone would come to assist or bother. Eventually some people did show up, presumably his friends. They did not know what hit them, but we spared the still-cuffed lonely figure in the motorcycle helmet as he trudged into the treeline and disappeared from view. 

If you're reading this, let me know how the rest of that adventure went. dayz is often described as a survival horror game.

can't imagine a more horrifying way to survive than being perma-cuffed to a slow jog with all of your gear, on a server with almost 40 people while unable to log out under penalty of death.

Edited by yessaul robinovich

I would see myself more as the backstab kind of guy.. 

Yesterday I was bleeding and I passed by someone, I asked for bandages and she aided me, when she ran away I shot her...