bobby-wan kenobi

Sleeper zombies

You know, those zombies that look like dead, but when you come close they start to rise from the ground and attack you.

However for this to work, you would need some dead bodies just lying around and doing nothing. And some of the dead bodies would be zombies with dead animation. They shouldn't be recognizable from a distance. This could mess up a lot of things, considering that they would be placed randomly around important places like military spawns, airfield and office buildings. A lot of stealth missions could be messed up by this. But it should be added later when there are more zombies to spawn. Like 10+ zombies. 

What do you think ?

PS: Sorry if there is a post like this already, I don't have time to go through 12 pages of forums.

• Like 1

I don't really like the idea tbh, If you remove the element of stealth, then people will probably shoot everything on sight. 

A very good method of tracking someone is looking for dead zombie bodies, they essentially create a path. If you add even more dead bodies and some alive, it ruins the tracking element of the game.

Personally I don't like this idea! BUt everyone has an opinion

I like this idea. Means you'd have to really watch what you are doing! Can see something like this putting a lot of load on the server (lots of sleeping zeds and dead bodies) though so would have to wait a while for it to be implemented.

i like both ideas in regards to idle zombies lying in wait & 'static' / 'inert' corpses littering the landscape .

'most' idle zombies should be indistinguishable to the static corpses using the same sets of clothing & way the body is positioned within the environment as to throw off the player . 

might even say the inert Z's dont become active until a player breaches a threshold of 5 to 10 meters from said zombie . or later , employing a shot check on all corpses being approached , just to be safe .

would also be nice if both sets ( idle Z's & inert corpses ) were set to a sort of randomizer relocating them on each server restart so players dont get comfortable with " dont worry about that one its always there "

propped up against a building or car 

slumped over a table in a chair 

laying down at top of stairs 

sitting in side of a shed to one side of the door 

lying in a bed or locked in the prison cell 

with this each building / environment can have a story of its own , like a murder scene . 

a chewed on static corpses behind a flipped over desk in the high rise apartments with a shotgun lying at his side in a puddle of blood & two dead zombies in the hallway .

his last stand .

a torn apart couple sprawled out in a bed .

had no idea what was going on .

a starved corpses slumped up against a tree in the woods .

almost got away .

a suicide corpses in the back of the grocery store with a handgun at his side , or dangling from a noose ( rope ) with a knocked over stool below him .

just cant take it any more .