Sign in to follow this  
DOMINATING

nothing

I wouldn't want any of those heavily armored cars added to the game. Some civilian vehicles would be just fine.

eg:

Kamaz

Lada Niva

Lada Riva

Thinking about Operation Flashpoint, a tractor would be fun. And I guess an Ural would be fine, too.

Most of the vehicles you proposed would need some heavy weaponry to destroy, and as far as I know adding heavy weaponry isn't planned for Standalone.

Edited by Baarn

Wow, mostly WWII era British vehicles.

Bravo.

Mostly anything you would find in a place like Chernarus would be UAZ-469 jeep thingy, Gaz-69 jeep, Ural-435 6x6 trucks (Which were everywhere in Arma 2) and maybe a BRDM, although if thats added, no turret.

The chances of finding any of your vehicles is 0%. Especially since half of them haven't been used since 1945.

Personally i think most vehicles should be civilian, like: GAZ sedans, VAZ "Lada" sedans, Skoda  sedans and vans, Ural(s?), and a pickup truck. Maybe a civilian UAZ variant, and some ambulances, fire trucks (Urals) ect.

But please, before you post some things like this, look into the map/setting first. We're not in a British tank museum.

• Like 1

I'd rather like to see those 2 vehicles:

GAZ-69 (produced from 1953-1972) and the ZIS-5 Truck (produced from 1394-1955 in different variants, ca. 1 million produced).

GAZ-69 Specs:

8 Seats (including Driver)

Top Speed: 90kph (56mph)

Length: 3.85m

Width: 1.85m

Height: 2.03m

ZIS-5 Specs:

12 Seats (guesstimation)

Top Speed: 60 or 70kph (37-43mph)

Length: 6.06m

Width: 2.24m

Height: 2.16m

Those 2 are more likely to appear in Chernarus than british trucks.

A modern military hummer would make more sense. Not something produced around world war 2 era. A Toyota Hilux/Tacoma and an Chevrolet Suburban (type suburban)... and a hello kitty mini... 

cars from Arma 2 + some old + new civilians car . I wouldnt have problems with armored tracked vehicles even with turrets and some ammo. But they should be ultimate goals for large group to maintain. 

Why would there be a shitload of ancient British vehicles in modern-day Czchechoslovakia?

Actaully chernarus is nowhere near Czech republic. Its on Russia's border, and Takistan is to the West.

I'll try to find BIs map they made of where Chernarus is.

But good point sir.

A modern military hummer would make more sense. Not something produced around world war 2 era. A Toyota Hilux/Tacoma and an Chevrolet Suburban (type suburban)... and a hello kitty mini... 

Epoch much?

No hello kitty.... Hell kitty.

Sorry? Chernarus is a former soviet communist satellite state. It is not surprising that a lot of old russian tech is there. Since it was produced until 1972, when it was replaced by the UAZ-469, it wouldn't be too unrealistic that some of those vehicles made it into civilian hands.

Heck, they even sell russian T-72s and BRDM-2s over the internet for a couple of 10k bucks.

Sorry? Chernarus is a former soviet communist satellite state. It is not surprising that a lot of old russian tech is there. Since it was produced until 1972, when it was replaced by the UAZ-469, it wouldn't be too unrealistic that some of those vehicles made it into civilian hands.

Heck, they even sell russian T-72s and BRDM-2s over the internet for a couple of 10k bucks.

In true day-z fashion the devs will overlook what would likely be there and put what they want in (i.e. m4's all over in sa but no ak's...). And I was thinking those Western style vehicles would be an advent of what likely would have been left behind from western military's who would have been mobilized to the general Chernarus area in the early stages of the zombie apocalypse for zombie put down or more nefarious reasons...

and yeah I may play a little too much epoch mod lol.