Nii

No lag in ArmA2 & Intense lag in DayZ

I am wondering what causes my computer to lag this bad while playing DayZ. I can run ArmA 2 very smoothly but DayZ is a whole different story.

I've noticed that other players had this problem as well but I did not find any solution to it. I searched the forums but couldn't get an answer but if there is already a thread for this problem please direct me to it.

Ya i have way above the recommended system specs and i get 20-60 fps. 20-40 fps in towns/firefights and 60 fps in cars/forests.

i read that the engine arma II uses is very poorly optimized.

I'd like to have a solution to this. I just bought the game and I'd like to be able to play it.

I can move around, even though it is painful to have this ''freeze'' every 5-10 seconds. It is currently impossible to shoot a gun for me because of this terrible framerate and constant freezing.

If you're getting freezes ir stutters every few seconds, and you are using the Six Launcher, close the Six Launcher/Updater (Or both if you have them both running) and they shoud go away.

If you want to improve FPS (Or at least it helped me), make sure that your resolution and 3D resolution are both the same (Make sure to double check, sometimes it changes itself back) and disable post processing. That gets rid of all the blurriness/haziness and improved my fps by about 10.

Hope this helps! =D

It did help a little, it doesn't freeze anymore and my fps went from 13 to 16. Thanks.

I'd like to have a solution for this low FPS, because I do not have a low FPS in ArmA2 and it's very annoying.

I too have low FPS. I think it's server side based because in some servers it's not as bad as others.

Specs:

Intel i7 920 OCed to 3.5GHz

G-Skill 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz

ATI Radeon HD 6870

I'm running DayZ on a RAMdisc and with these perimeters set in STEAM: -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=8192

Here are my ingame settings:

Visibility : 10000

Brightness: 1.5

Gamma: 1.6

Quality Preferances: Very High

Interface resolution / 3D resolution: 1680x1050

Texture detail: Normal

Video Memory: High

Anisotropic Filtering: Normal

Antialiasing: Normal

Terrain Detail: Normal

Objects Detail: Very Low

Shadow Detail: Disabled

HDR quality: Very High

Postprocess effects: Normal

Interface size: Very Small

Aspect ratio: 16:10 - Wide Screen

Vsync - Disabled

I'm getting 10 FPS when I load in, eventually going upto 17 / 20. It's playable, but I feel it's no-where near what it should be. A friend said it could be a serverside memory leak? Hence why they have to be restarted so often?

Maybe not have your visiblity up to 10000 and if that does not help turn some things down to lower settings.

My graphic settings don't change a single thing about my FPS in DayZ.