Sign in to follow this  
Sam Maunder

Would you kill a bandit?

Just a question......

I'm not sure i got this right...

the differents between a "normal guy" and a bandit....is just the skin right?

Is there anyway you can choose or you just spawn randomly between bad guy/good guy?!

yeah i get shot at very frequently for being a bandit even though the kill that put me in that state was in self defence. :/

yeah i get shot at very frequently for being a bandit even though the kill that put me in that state was in self defence. :/

Yeah same, I get shot at all the time for being a bandit. Every time I have killed someone it's always been a case of them shooting at me first.... Even though my humanity is -5000 lol :O

I'm at the point now where I just avoid contact with other people outside my group, if someone does approach me I'll sure as hell shoot them if they look a threat, bandit or not.

If I get shot at I will try to get hidden then ambush the person and kill them.

As a bandit though I just see myself as a target now, people are starting to team up just to take out bandits without even attempting to find out if they are friendly or not, I guess that makes them the real bandits.

I found one bandit, near the NW airport, I spawned in from where I had disconnected the night before, and he was right there, spoke to him, seemed friendly enough, but the only reason he was not going to kill me, im pretty sure, was the fact I had next to no equipment, the towns on the way to the airport the night before were bare. Right now there would be no point in killing me, he would attract zombies and not gain much out of it, but he could use me to help against zombies while looting.

With the intention to hopefully kill him I followed him around the airport, looting, and killing zombies, the time was right when I saw him head over to cow (he had previously told me he was low on blood) I knew he would be gutting it, this was the right time, I looked around cautiously to see if any zombies were close - none. As he bent down to begin gutting the animal, I shot a large amount of rounds in his back, making sure he was dead, looted him, took a large coyote backpack, and didnt feel a spot of guilt, because I knew he would have killed others for the same reason and from then on, I became the bandit hunter.

I think given the morality system's shortcomings I'd hover somewhere between shoot him immediately and give him a chance. Would I be more alert than usual when encountering a run-of-the-mill player? Definitely.

I don't like the bandit system at all to be honest as it is too flawed. Someone shoots at you, you kill him, you become the bad guy.

I don't see how you can fix it either to make absolutely sure the good guy doens't take a humantiy hit. So just add clothes as loot instead and let everyone decide what they want to look like.

is posible to implement in the humanity system a behavior like this ?

if someone shoot first to you, and you shoot him and kill him you dont lose humanity

this can help to the humanty and the self defence problem :)

is posible to implement in the humanity system a behavior like this ?

if someone shoot first to you' date=' and you shoot him and kill him you dont lose humanity

this can help to the humanty and the self defence problem :)

[/quote']

What if someone shoots at you and misses? You going to wait for him to hit you before you kill him?

Sure, it will improve the current system but it will still be flawed.

this not importan if him hit or not hit you the important thing is if he shoot the weapon

if you want to kill someone whitout lose humanity you need to wait him to shoot first

^I think this would be very hard to implement as it would have grey areas like if a player was surrounded by zombies and you wanted to shoot them off him, or even if you were shooting over a players shoulder at zombies in the distance.

Also it still relies on on the hostile player to take the first shot.

I think the only safe option, that doesn't break immersion or balance is to remove the bandit skin.

One idea I thought if is that you would have to hold you crosshairs/ironsights over someone for a certain amount of time before being able to shoot them, if they saw you were aiming at them (waiting to be able to take the shot), they could aim back, at which point your timer (before being able to shoot) would match theirs, essentially being a Mexican stand-off.

Would there be any way to abuse this? It would be bloody hard to hold aim on someone at distance

This is a pretty crazy idea and I'd still probably prefer no skins no nothing just cut throat as.

They should remove the skin for a bandit, maybe get in general few new skins for everyone.

I got a bandit skin because of self defence and now im getting constantly gunned down.

Its god damn pissing me off!

i would avoid combat with him tell him to stay back if he starts firing towards me ill force myself to take him down.

that also counts basiclly for everyone i meet.

out of interest how far does direct communications reach? Does the distance also apply vertically? say if im on top of a lighthouse and the other guys way below me

^Wasteland, 50m, and presumably in all directions

...sorry bro, just woke up, now flatmates wants to go to gym

(Personally I'd raise my weapon and warn him through direct and if he pointed it at me I'd cap him. I like my RP.)

There is not time to do this. Bandits = KOS or you are about to lose everything.

I would shoot regardless of skin. Unless I have almost nothing to lose then I'll try to talk to them

People, read the date this was posted... there was a bandit skin at this time. Someone bumped the thread.

I'd probly do the same as you, sam. Granted I don't like bandits, but I will give most players a chance unless I've dealt with them before.