Sign in to follow this  
Lyganesh

Fullscreen Windowed?

Can we have a proper fullscreen windowed option, I tried using many other tools that would automatically do that to the game, but it screws up with the rendering resolution.

Edited by Lyganesh

I don't find myself alt+tabbing often, but would be definitely nice to have either way.

I don't find myself alt+tabbing often, but would be definitely nice to have either way.

Yeah, I am a heavy alt-tabber. Especially because I don't have a 2nd monitor yet.

So you want Full Screen windowed mode?

If yes then you go into My Documents -> DayZ -> DayZ.cfg

Depending on your Monitor Resolution change the values to match it

Resolution_W=1920;
Resolution_H=1080;

Windowed=1;

Game should start up windowed to the size of your monitor every time. First time start-up will probably require you to fix the resolution in game if you're running 2/3 monitors.

Edit: I see you only have one monitor so all should be fine. Just ensure your task bar is set to auto hide or it'll get in the way probably. It might start up full screen windowed in 800x600 resolution but just make the necessary adjustment to suit your display and it should work fine from there. Does for me anyway.
Edited by G24HAM

So you want Full Screen windowed mode?

If yes then you go into My Documents -> DayZ -> DayZ.cfg

Depending on your Monitor Resolution change the values to match it

Resolution_W=1920;
Resolution_H=1080;

Windowed=1;

Game should start up windowed to the size of your monitor every time. First time start-up will probably require you to fix the resolution in game if you're running 2/3 monitors.

Edit: I see you only have one monitor so all should be fine. Just ensure your task bar is set to auto hide or it'll get in the way probably. It might start up full screen windowed in 800x600 resolution but just make the necessary adjustment to suit your display and it should work fine from there. Does for me anyway.

The one problem is that awful border on the right side.