Sign in to follow this  
PartyHans

Looking for vanilla or Enhanced Vanilla

Hi

So i have been playing on AWA for like 7 months, but after the Standalone came out it died and is now being shut down. So i am looking for a private hive Vanilla or Enhanced Vanilla server (not overly enhanced, AWA had only a few added things) I tried playing on an official server called US 3480, but that is poorly optimized (lag, disappearing vehicles, owner that does not care about combat logging etc etc) plus it has frequent hackers and crashes. So if anyone can point me to a populated server i would be very happy.

Now some of you might be wondering, why doesn't he just play the Standalone? Well i did, i tried everything and checked out all the new places, and i had enough of it. The Standalone needs more content for me, so i am going to wait until they add more stuff ( most likely until they add vehicles or more weapons, which won't happen for a year or so i think )

I would appreciate it if people would keep it on subject, and not go arguing about the Standalone

Thank you

P.S We are like a group of 4-5 that will be moving to the server that gets our attention

The reason the owner of US 3480 doesn't care about combat loggers is because he cannot ban a combat logger on public hive. His server will be blacklisted if he does so.

• Like 1

Understandable, and not really the point in my post. Sorry about wrong info though

I dont think that playing on official servers is a good idea... Iam not playing on official servers at all.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163770-lv-2-dayz-chernarus-server/

Take a look at this... This is a very nice server... and Iam trying to get more people there.

Admins are great. Server isnt lagging... the only problem-popularity but Iam trying to help admins to solve this.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

There is US 434 and US 3533.  Both of these servers have been around for a long time.  I'm the admin of US 434 and it's on a dedicated box and we'll continue to host as long as Razor supports the mod with further updates.

We also host a couple of Epoch servers but I understand if this isn't your bag.  Different strokes for different folks.

Cheers,

Geryon

I dont think that playing on official servers is a good idea... Iam not playing on official servers at all.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163770-lv-2-dayz-chernarus-server/

Take a look at this... This is a very nice server... and Iam trying to get more people there.

Admins are great. Server isnt lagging... the only problem-popularity but Iam trying to help admins to solve this.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

Trollqq thanks for your support ))

... I tried playing on an official server called US 3480, but that is poorly optimized (lag, disappearing vehicles, owner that does not care about combat logging etc etc) plus it has frequent hackers and crashes. So if anyone can point me to a populated server i would be very happy.

Hey mate,

First off, I'm glad you found 3480 and gave us a shot.  I'm sorry to hear (and slightly offended) that you think I do not care about combat loggers, and that the server has frequent crashes.  I'd like to assure you that a love of time and effort does go into the server, and you'll notice that our server rank is quite high.  I'm not sure you'll find another Official Hive server ranked as highly as ours--we even sit above many well populated and well-run private hives.  

As far as cheating/scripting/hacking goes--this is DayZmod.  It's going to happen, but I can assure you the server is updated almost daily with improved anticheat filters and the offenders are banned.  Naturally, they can't all be stopped.  It's a reactive process, rather than proactive, and that's all I can say about that.

I'd be happy if you would give 3480 a [second] chance, as it's got a great community and a lot of very fun regulars that make the experience worth it.  If you're extremely worried about player death and loss of loot, I suppose the only servers that offer an experience like this would be smaller private hives.  Being that you asked for advice on a populated server, 3480's rank is determined by traffic, so I'm not simply blowing smoke.  Hope to see you around, and feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Hey mate,

First off, I'm glad you found 3480 and gave us a shot.  I'm sorry to hear (and slightly offended) that you think I do not care about combat loggers, and that the server has frequent crashes.  I'd like to assure you that a love of time and effort does go into the server, and you'll notice that our server rank is quite high.  I'm not sure you'll find another Official Hive server ranked as highly as ours--we even sit above many well populated and well-run private hives.  

As far as cheating/scripting/hacking goes--this is DayZmod.  It's going to happen, but I can assure you the server is updated almost daily with improved anticheat filters and the offenders are banned.  Naturally, they can't all be stopped.  It's a reactive process, rather than proactive, and that's all I can say about that.

I'd be happy if you would give 3480 a [second] chance, as it's got a great community and a lot of very fun regulars that make the experience worth it.  If you're extremely worried about player death and loss of loot, I suppose the only servers that offer an experience like this would be smaller private hives.  Being that you asked for advice on a populated server, 3480's rank is determined by traffic, so I'm not simply blowing smoke.  Hope to see you around, and feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, yes i wrote this in anger after being repeatedly dumped on by US3480, however it IS a good server, it has many players and some of them are quite fun to play with. Yet i keep getting my vehicles teleported from me after restart, even though i stop the car way before and i even tried saving it multiple times and i honesty swear the server did keep crashing. I am fond of vehicles in game and i use them alot, so after getting killed by hackers i quit for awhile (made this forum post) When i returned i brought some friends, and after a few hours we get killed by a hacker (no doubt)

The reason why i said that you did not care about combat loggers is because i asked you ingame why there wasn't anything done about it (at that point i had 700 hours played on AWA and had no idea how official servers worked) and you simply replied that there was nothing that could be done and that you really didn't care about combat loggers, stating that the only people that cared about such things were KOS bandits. Usually i am not a KOS bandit but i still hate them, i do care about finishing my kills if i otherwise engage.

Another thing is rank of official servers does not interest, well because i think that alot of players don't give two sh*ts about the server they play on simply because they hang around a hospital roof in elektro and are quite content with a server that's packed of other elektro/cherno campers or bambies, but that's just my own opinion of it and i know that alot of people will disagree.

On a different note i did enjoy your server to a certain extent, and i enjoyed our little talks when i was suggesting something and i am sorry for rushed words in OP. When the server stops taking my vehicles i will surely come back, and i will bring the group of players i play with daily (if we will not have found a private hive) 

I want to thank everyone for the replies, and if anyone can point me to a private hive i will be in their debt

Last i want to say again that the server i am looking for can not be overly enhanced, some one replied to me by PM a server that was so full of modded stuff (self bb, AS50's) I am surpised that it isn't a mod with it's own name like epoch and all that