Sign in to follow this  
seannybgoode

Lock all server times (to deal with day/night issues)

So here's the idea:

All servers should be locked to the same time/date (GMT or something in-between Europe and NA where most players are).

The pros:

-People would know when to expect certain moon cycles, people would know when to expect to have moonlight, and when to expect pitch darkness. This would mitigate the effects of people not being able to play at night.

-Server owners with NVGs wouldn't be able to restart into darkness whenever they feel like going on a hunt.

- Players would be forced to deal with darkness as opposed to server hopping to daytime and avoiding night.

-Bad apple server owners with NVGs will bitch and moan (moved from cons to pros, cause I love tears).

The cons:

-Daytime wouldn't be the most convenient for everyone

Well for me that would pretty much suck. I avoid night servers as much as I can lol. I hate the dark and I hate being unable to see. I suck it up sometimes, but at other times I just can't take it. So that one con would hurt a lot. Also I understand about the server hopping lol technically I'd be among those misfits who hop just to avoid that scary darkness we call night. Lol. Well locking it may be good, but also inconvenient. Maybe lock it per each location like it already should be? Wouldn't that be more convenient, but the con would be server hopping. So I guess nobody truly wins lol.

Something else you can add to the cons :

- More than 70% of players, who want to play on daytime servers in the evening (when school/work is finished), will be forced to play on servers that are on the other side of the world (US citizens would have to play on Russian servers, Russians would have to play on US servers). Everyone lags like crazy. End of story.

- More than 70% of players' date=' who want to play on daytime servers in the evening (when school/work is finished), will be forced to play on servers that are on the other side of the world (US citizens would have to play on Russian servers, Russians would have to play on US servers). Everyone lags like crazy. End of story.

[/quote']

Its worse than that mate, if i'm understanding correctly he's suggesting that all servers everywhere in the world are locked to a single time zone. Therefore you wouldn't be able to just play a laggy US server to get daylight as every single server would be on the same time.

- More than 70% of players' date=' who want to play on daytime servers in the evening (when school/work is finished), will be forced to play on servers that are on the other side of the world (US citizens would have to play on Russian servers, Russians would have to play on US servers). Everyone lags like crazy. End of story.

[/quote']

DID YOU EVEN READ THE OP?? THAT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT IM SUGGESTING AS THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE DO NOW.

OMG GO RE-READ IT

*facepalm*

Its worse than that mate' date=' if i'm understanding correctly he's suggesting that all servers everywhere in the world are locked to a single time zone. Therefore you wouldn't be able to just play a laggy US server to get daylight as every single server would be on the same time.

[/quote']

Yes that is exactly what I'm suggesting. Harsh I know, but it makes sense as most people would have not only daytime to play (whenever that ends up being where you are), but you'd have moonlight to play in because the moon would rise at a consistent time, rather than server admins having full control of the day/night cycle.

This is a terrible idea, as many people can only play at one time or another. Nobody wants to be forced into playing in one mode all the time just because of their life schedule.

How about restricting people to playing on servers in their country so as to prevent server hopping to EU for day/night?

Because too often I notice on nighttime servers NVG bandits server hopping starry and Northwest Airfield. With it being restricted servers would be more populated to prevent this since no more server hopping to daytime servers.

My buddies and I are all second shifters, we get of at 12am. We all get together and play after work. This suggestion would force us to always play at night. We don’t server hop and we don’t always play reversed servers, But not having the option would suck. I like the night I just wouldn’t ant to be forced to play it all the time.

No. Restricting the choice of players to a thing they prefer not to, e.g playing night or day, is BAD. People can make the choice themselves, and forcing decreases someone experience of the game. Also your arguments make me want to pull my eyes out.

Not all countries have a server. If you're stating that you'd be stuck in your country's server wouldn't work out well. I'm American, but as of now I'm visiting in Hungary. There are no Hungarian servers as I know of so I'd be screwed and it would limit the game to certain areas.