Sign in to follow this  
Ineedscoffee

What can we expect after streamers? Long post

Once these you tubers and streamers burn themselves out on this game, and take their herp derp audience with them, what kind of gameplay can we expect?

I for one, see less people running into each other on the roads, screaming fists up, let's do this! Possibly less screaming of friendly, then being punched to death in the back of the head.

Don't get me wrong, it's great advertising for the game, just the wrong audience. As much as I enjoy watching summit or lyr do constructive gameplay, they mostly partake in toxic behavior, giving new players the wrong idea of the game. Streamers rush military bases, completely ignoring food and water mechanics, charactor resting, etc. I've yet to see any of them head more then five mins north.

This worries me, as CoD billy buys the game, crys on the forums about it not being what he watched. Next thing you know, there's CoD Ryan, CoD yurmum, etc, becoming the majority outcry. Games have been shaped this way before, hell, look at wow. The loud mouthed, vocal majority almost always dictates the flow.

Now I never played the mod, didn't go trick or treating with Dean, so I don't know if his values are ironclad against this generation. I hope to god so. I'd hate to log on, start with gear, not need to eat and drink, never tire, regen health, choose spawn points, and every other handout these kids demand.

I've seen quite a few streamers already complaining on what a pain having to gear up is, and how inconvenient hunger is. How will that community react when you need to find a new tire because it was sniped fom over 900 yards? When ruined gear actually affects your efficiency? Will they man up, and become better for it, bettering the game in the process, or will they go Francis on us and take to the forums, demanding change vs boycott. Granted, this practice is more common in a sub based game model, I've seen it happen. Gun balance in call of duty since modern warfare one comes to mind.

Now sure they are easily distracted by new features (cough cough I want fishing cough cough), but those take work, and you can only distract a toddler with something shiny so many times, before it catches on. Unless rolled out weekly that is, this is the real world tho.

While not an elitist, pro, etc, I'm not looking forward to having these sporadic, hdad players dumped on me, trying to relive that magic. That moment when for just a second, they pummeled a guy side to side with their favorite estar. When he said "good job bro" and he felt his grinch nuts swell two times that day.

Now we all kill on sight, most of us do it with intent in mind tho. Food, water, stepped in his virtual poo, farted in my general direction, called my mother a hamster, whatever. We do not however, find ammo, and immediately fall to the south, just to shoot. We use our ammo, to continually upgrade, and enforce ourselves and positions. We do not become CoD billy, prance along the coastline, our battle cry of "trolololololol" in the air, preying upon some poor new spawn who's getting his feet wet trying to drink from a pond. We have creative bandits for that trama.

Now I am not bashing streamers, I'm more concerned of what their behavior will breed for the future. Just a few thoughts.

• Like 5

WHat's wrong with cod lol? I runa  great clan there and in Day Z we are known as the Easter Bunny Rage [EBR]

Nothing's wrong with call of duty per say. Having a tween cry out something about eating my soul when I pull off a clean knife kill however, well, you play, you get the picture.

Let them do whatever they want.  The kind of awful player you're referring to will willingly hand over $30 to the development team, then quit when they realize there aren't isn't a 23 kill streak nuke or whatever CoD does these days.  It doesn't much matter whether or not they play, because they wouldn't offer constructive feedback.  In my opinion, it's FAR better to weed these players out now, in Alpha when no one actually cares about dying constantly, than after the official release.  I'm sure they will still be ever-present, though.

And besides, are you saying there will only be rational, mature people in a zombie apocalypse, or more broadly, any failure of civility?  If you want the game to be realistic, then invite the psychotic 12-year old CoD players.  They will go gather gear for us, and we will collect it when we kill them.  I personally like that model.

Edited by WastedSpaceman
  • Like 3

Let them do whatever they want.  The kind of awful player you're referring to will willing hand over $30 to the development team, then quit when they realize there aren't isn't a 23 kill streak nuke or whatever CoD does these days.  It doesn't much matter whether or not they play, because they wouldn't offer constructive feedback.  In my opinion, it's FAR better to weed these players out now, in Alpha when no one actually cares about dying constantly, than after the official release.  I'm sure they will still be ever-present, though.

And besides, are you saying there will only be rational, mature people in a zombie apocalypse, or more broadly, any failure of civility?  If you want the game to be realistic, then invite the psychotic 12-year old CoD players.  They will go gather gear for us, and we will collect it when we kill them.  I personally like that model.

Lol that model does have it's advantages.

• Like 1

Let them do whatever they want.  The kind of awful player you're referring to will willingly hand over $30 to the development team, then quit when they realize there aren't isn't a 23 kill streak nuke or whatever CoD does these days.  It doesn't much matter whether or not they play, because they wouldn't offer constructive feedback.  In my opinion, it's FAR better to weed these players out now, in Alpha when no one actually cares about dying constantly, than after the official release.  I'm sure they will still be ever-present, though.

Paying full price for steam games, lol

WHat's wrong with cod lol? I runa  great clan there and in Day Z we are known as the Easter Bunny Rage [EBR]

Whats wrog with COD? It has by far the most immature fan base of all-time. They are trickling down to BF4 at the moment and the forums prove that. Hell look how these forums also have taken a shit lately

• Like 2

Everything?

and he felt his grinch nuts swell two times that day.

BLASSGSFHDFGKFAHCYAEJHYRHBFUAVCBVIWRNKJ3QYTBFBHC BCET VFUMNFUFBGTD DCSDFMNJHC7EG87FYFVGCY

DAT MADE SNOT COME SPRAYING FROM MY NOSE, MATE

• Like 1

depends what streamers/youtubers you watch

and as mentioned above, it will do good to ween out all the nooby players who complain that survival is too hard

I must be lucky. I don't run into any kids at all in COD, BF4 or Dayz. I also instantly turned in game comms completely off in COD and BF4 before I even changed any key bindings so maybe that helps a ton. I also try not to think of all the idiots trying to mimic what some guy on YT does because being a soulless asshole gets him more views.  I definitely hope those noobs keep coming into Dayz, though, because I have killed more bandits in SA than the last six months in the mod. SO MANY people try to shoot me, miss, then promptly die to my bullets. I love these new players trying to KOS in the SA.

I must be lucky. I don't run into any kids at all in COD, BF4 or Dayz. I also instantly turned in game comms completely off in COD and BF4 before I even changed any key bindings so maybe that helps a ton. I also try not to think of all the idiots trying to mimic what some guy on YT does because being a soulless asshole gets him more views. I definitely hope those noobs keep coming into Dayz, though, because I have killed more bandits in SA than the last six months in the mod. SO MANY people try to shoot me, miss, then promptly die to my bullets. I love these new players trying to KOS in the SA.

There's a very large difference between actual bandits, and what these kids are doing. Real bandits stalk you, wait for your pants to be down at a well, poke the back of your noggin with an m4, kindly ask you to stay still while they apply cuffs to ya. It goes from there.

Edited by Ineedscoffee