Sign in to follow this  
Zedicologist

Farming your own blood.

Well my "healthy" status doesn't go away and color doesn't come back.

Same here, buddy collected my blood few days ago - colors fade away, healthystatus stay - colors didn't come back.

but even if i get shot, attacked by zeds, falldamage or something - healthy never changed yet.

tested my blood 8 times, always A+

also relevant: if some of your mates is unconscious and a epipen won't bring him back, just take a bloodbag, collect blood from him and directly give him the blood back - abracadabra, hes back.

Saline bags fix the screen discoloration that comes from losing... blood. 

Saline bags restore your... blood. 

Saline bags do not give you the status effect... 'healthy.'

Saline bags do not give you... 'health.'

That about sums it up. A high blood level, along with a high energy and water level, will make you  regenerate "health", though many people are unsure (myself included) what effects health has as it is a rather obscure concept at the moment.

Edited by VincentNZ

The thing that seems to be most confusing to people is that there are so many effects beyond hunger, thirst, blood, pain, broken legs that the mod had.

Merino DayZ youtube channel's videos are fantastic (one is posted 3 above by VincentNZ).  Here's a brief synopsis of some of the effects your DayZ body has:

Stomach contents - "I feel full"

Energy level - aka hunger "I'm hungry"

Thirst - "I'm thirsty"

Blood - filled by blood bags or saline bags

Health - "Healthy" The opposite of sick status, which includes/will include: food poisoning, illness from bad water, infections from wounds, exposure to the elements

Healing status - natural healing when you have a significant amount of energy (from food)/drink.

Broken legs - Can't walk

Shock - Can cause blurring of vision, unconsciousness, shaking

Pain - Pain noises can give you away, shaking, can lead to shock

--

Obviously many of these things are not yet implemented, but that's quite a bit more than the basics that the mod had.  

Edited by Evil_This