DaGolem

Suggestion in Forum

Have user suggestion a real chance to get into DayZ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Have suggestion a real chance to get into DayZ?

• No, it looks like they don´t care about suggestions!
    • Yes, i belive that!

Lets Face the Truth.

Since the beginning of the DayZ Mod many, many Suggestion come into the DayZ Forum some for the DayZ Mod some for DayZ SA but because of the structure of Forum Posting they get lost into nirvana. It is the nature of the Forum that some get longer Attention but after a longer time they get also lost under the avalanche of Suggestion.

So make it sense to Suggest things?

My personal feeling say "no, it make no sense" because they all get lost and the second thing is it seems that the Dev Team didn´t care about Suggestion.

Why i think they don´t care about Suggestion?

Because no suggestion has it ever made into the DayZ Mod. There is no responsive System, no List, nothing from the Dev Team about the User Suggestion. So if they don´t filter, don´t answer, don´t say anyhing about the User Idea´s why  do you thing it makes sense to Suggest something?

Anser is simple "Hope" but there is nothing then hope the reality shows that suggestion is only for nothing.

What do you think about that?

Do you belive they care about?

Do you think a suggestion has realy a chance to get into DayZ?

Edited by DaGolem

I imagine a lot of suggestions didn't make it into the game because they were technically impossible, technically incredibly difficult, would break gameplay or are, to be quite frank, absolute bollocks. However, I do believe that good suggestions made here will make it into the game if enough people back them. Personally, I 'give beans' to ideas and posts I like. I do this because I assume that posts with lots of Beans suggest that the feature is wanted/desirable/too awesome to miss and will be, at the very least, investigated/considered for inclusion.

What I'd like to see is a sticky at the top of the forum that lists and links the suggestions with the highest amount of beans. It'd create a nice list of the top things the community wants to see. Of course, that'll only work if people give beans to ideas they want.

EDIT: Also, don't forget that Rocket and his team will have a fairly clear idea of where they want the game to head and suggestions that detract from that too much probably won't make it, even if they're good suggestions.

Edited by Monkfish
  • Like 1

I have not played the mod, so I can't comment on your claim that none of the suggestions made it into the game.

While writing a suggestion is quite easy, balancing and implementing them isn't.

I don't think that people writing down suggestion should worry too much about balancing and implementing though, developing ideas is done best with not too many restrictions. However developing a feature out of those ideas needs a lot of refining - questioning them etc. (How much does it add to the game? How much does it cost to implement it? etc)

Actually discussing the ideas with the players would take away a lot of time from the development team, I assume they check by to get some inspiration though.

Edited by Baarn

Seeing as the devs love Reddit, I feel like the forum suggestions are sometimes pointless unless very brilliant.

its alpha when the game is out then they can worry about adding the things people want.

They should add what they think is a good Idea first

How exactly do you know that not one single suggestion didnt make it into the mod ? Do you work with the devs ? do know a dev? if so then why would you slander them ? Im almost 100% sure that a good many things that were in the mod came from player suggestions... and im certain that the SA will also have a great many suggestion implimented over time. Why else would the SA even be out now as an Alpha? Why would it be a Beta at some point? becuase the devs rely on player feedback to smooth out the rough edges of a game before a full release can come out. Games are built on Q&A (questions and answers) the devs ask a question and a player gives an answer. There are even jobs for people to play games (pre release testing) and then provide feed back to developers. Every single game (doesnt matter what kind of game) goes through this process in one way or another. Sorry to shut you down like this but im guessing none of your suggestions have come to bare any fruit ...

• Like 1

Ideas, are ideas. People have them because they get inspired, good ideas get attention, bad ideas don't. Isn't that the whole point of suggestions section in any games forums? And some people like a good argument or shooting ideas down, so this is a great place for forum pvp'ers to practice ther' awsum skillz.

Edited by McBonkhead