Sign in to follow this  
atmaca (DayZ)

Hide server player count

Why do we see player list or player count anyway? Not knowing how many people are around would improve the tension by a lot.

You know when the server is like 3/40 you won't see a goddamn person while running all the shoreside. So you just sprint all the way and don't give a shit. BUT if you wouldn't know how many players around, you'd watch your ass all the time.

Wouldn't that be better?

• Like 6

You have my beans, sir. But, I am sure there must be some glaring technicality that makes this unfeasible... wait for following posts 

Good idea.

Might help guide players towards are more realistic approach, instead of looking for 40/40 KOS servers, after they've server hopping on the 0/40 servers all day. 

Might reduce server hopping until there's a fix.

I like this because servers are like musical chairs. I enter an empty server, I leave because too many player are jumping in/out. I enter a moderate server, either people empty out soon after, creating a server hoppers paradise or it turns into a 40/40 server. I enter a full server, to find server hoppers having fun with their ill-gotten gains, generally a more aggressive server, along with 1337 snipers camping for teh cheap thrillz.

I want to encounter players, but knowing that they're gonna shoot you 24/7, takes the interest out of the game. Might as well play Arma 3.

Making server counts invisible would be interesting. I'm sure it would be an experiment and I can't see the harm it could do to try for a month, it is Alpha after all....    

Edited by DaveZ