ChristmasLunch

Thinking of being helpful? Don't...

I don't get why people do that shit.

As a fresh spawn I had a guy yesterday in Elektro power station beat me to death with an axe, even though I blatantly only had my clothes and nothing else.

Just what do people think they are going to gain by murdering people for nothing this early in the alpha?

• Like 4

No such thing as a medkit, unless he wanted you to give him a red bag with a cross on it then that should of raised some alarm bells.

Edit: Also the standard pair of jeans can hold a loaded pistol, which can fuck anyone up, but he was probably just a dick.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 2

Lol believe me, I can think of better places to keep a pistol if all I had was my t-shirt, jeans and trainers... wouldn't be in my pocket that's for sure  ;) And in that case he wouldn't have gotten near me to bop me with his axe in the first place.

If he'd wanted my footwear he only had to ask.

Edited by =FOX= Damocles

Lol believe me, I can think of better places to keep a pistol if all I had was my t-shirt, jeans and trainers... wouldn't be in my pocket that's for sure  ;) And in that case he wouldn't have gotten near me to bop me with his axe in the first place.

If he'd wanted my footwear he only had to ask.

I was talking about in the game. Though in real life, and i didn't have a holster, i'm still sticking that thing down the side of my pants. possibly at 7-8 oclock (i'm left handed)

Hmm im starting to see how boring people are in this game, no interaction, just shooting for no good reason. Should be some kind of steam player statistic so others can downrate other players to the point where their assholeness makes it nearly impossible to enter servers that require a good player rating. Fuck shooting skills and welcome people with social intelligence,  let's have people that does'nt suffer from anti-social personality disorder. Beeing an asshole player should have consequences.

Im all for killing in DayZ, i don't even mind some KoS, but this is just pathetic.

• Like 10

Not sure if that was actually you OP, or just a random vid, but if you're going to administer anything on someone, at least have them empty their hands before coming out of cover.  Don't just stroll up to them while they follow you with their gun, of course they're going to kill you.

• Like 1

Nobody is going to empty their hands. Expect to get knocked out then

• Like 1

Not sure if that was actually you OP, or just a random vid, but if you're going to administer anything on someone, at least have them empty their hands before coming out of cover.  Don't just stroll up to them while they follow you with their gun, of course they're going to kill you.

did you hear the audio? If there is communication and someone says don't shoot, I'm friendly and there is acknowlegment of it.....this shit should never happen.

"Friendly" used to be sort of a sacred word. Those days are now dead.

The sun doesn't shine as brightly as it used to.

did you hear the audio? If there is communication and someone says don't shoot, I'm friendly and there is acknowlegment of it.....this shit should never happen.

Not at all.  All "I'm friendly" means is they don't want you to shoot/attack them.  People can be dicks all they want if you let them.  Saying friendly doesn't turn friendly fire off between the two of you.

All it would've taken is staying behind the cover of the stairs and the wall, asking for the guy to empty his hands (you'd do the same if you have anything) then let him drop his stuff he needs administered, pick it up, get behind him and do the thing.  If he doesn't empty hands are starts coming down to you, then you book it out of there and forget about him.  If he makes a move while you try to help him, just run for it while all he has is fists, or knock him out yourself.

That's of course disregarding the BS story of "can you heal me?  I have a medkit" since first aid kits just give you bandaids, a syringe, water tablets, empty blood bag, and iv kit.  Sure he could risk you giving him blood, but without test kits, it's a loosing gamble.

I've been at this awhile.

Really? Because i'm pretty sure "Don't shoot i'm friendly" is the universal dayz sign for i'm naive as fuck, end my life now. Always maintain the advantage. Never walk up to an armed dude shouting friendly. That's asking to get shot. If you want to be friendly sure. But be smart, and always have the advantage and if you can't, leave before something bad happens

• Like 1

I don't get why people do that shit.

As a fresh spawn I had a guy yesterday in Elektro power station beat me to death with an axe, even though I blatantly only had my clothes and nothing else.

Just what do people think they are going to gain by murdering people for nothing this early in the alpha?

I'm moving towards a more KoS attitude to the game now as I've tried to be nice to people who appear to be new spawns but then have had then sneak and knock me out on a couple of occasions.

Hi Christmas Lunch, I'm sorry to say there are plenty of players out there just like that.  However, there are many others who are far more sporting and honourable in the way they play.  Be careful but don't let them get you down.  If you ever see me on a server say hi, I don't kill other players and am happy to lend a hand to anyone who needs help. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hmm im starting to see how boring people are in this game, no interaction, just shooting for no good reason. Should be some kind of steam player statistic so others can downrate other players to the point where their assholeness makes it nearly impossible to enter servers that require a good player rating. Fuck shooting skills and welcome people with social intelligence,  let's have people that does'nt suffer from anti-social personality disorder. Beeing an asshole player should have consequences.

Im all for killing in DayZ, i don't even mind some KoS, but this is just pathetic.

So your answer is to ban people who BOUGHT the game for playing the game making it impossible to play? I find that outrageous

The majority of the KOS fresh spawn crowd are just so bad they can't actually play a PVP FPS game like Battlefield, etc. 

So the come into DayZ and pick on the weak.

Way to boost your self esteem..

• Like 1

The majority of the KOS fresh spawn crowd are just so bad they can't actually play a PVP FPS game like Battlefield, etc. 

So the come into DayZ and pick on the weak.

Way to boost your self esteem..

I Think the thought of never dying in a game is just a way to set up a person for failure in dayz

I Think the thought of never dying in a game is just a way to set up a person for failure in dayz

No one is saying people won't die.

Im talking about the scrubs who gear up then return to the coast to pick on, rob and kill the fresh unarmed players.

Digital bullying at it's best..  If you can't fight people who are as well armed as you, dont play pvp games.. (and the term "you" is not directed at any one person..)

Edited by razertx

Yeah, people pointing guns at you aren't really that friendly if they know you are unarmed  :P

No one is saying people won't die.

Im talking about the scrubs who gear up then return to the coast to pick on, rob and kill the fresh unarmed players.

Digital bullying at it's best..  If you can't fight people who are as well armed as you, dont play pvp games.. (and the term "you" is not directed at any one person..)

Lulz at cyber bullying in A GAME, Lulz you don't know what cyber bullying is, and if they aren't saving your steam name, following only you in the game magically, and harassing you over steam than i HIGHLY doubt it would be considered cyber bullying to anyone.

Donno why everyone complaining at dying near the coast. That is where the majority of people are, as new people wouldn't know the map very well(88,000 copies sold on first day doubt all are vets). I've died about 5 or 6 times since i played (i don't play all too much), And i've never once died to these "big scarey robbers". 5-6 fnx shots will kill anyone doesn't matter how "geared" you are.

It's all about positioning, don't wanna get shot? Then don't walk in the open flailing your arms for the world to see. Sure positioning won't save you every time as people need to loot to eat which leads me to alertness. Be alert of whats going on around you. 9/10 buildings will be empty. but that 1/10 time you check a room and see someone that didn't see you will save your life. Then this leads you to your decision making: 1. kill the guy, easiest choice, most reward, least risk.. 2. communicate, very risky, less reward if any. 3. move on, somewhat risky, no reward or conflict

If someone died multiple times on the coast why would they stay on the coast? It's like putting your hand on the stove knowing it's hot, you are going to get a burn.

also i find it pretty easy to run away from someone that is trying to kill me as running with fists out runs a lot faster than with a gun out. However this will only save you if your in a urban area or treeline(the shore). It won't save you in fields

In my opinion the shore is made with new spawns in mind. There is a few easy to find towns, The towns are big, good for outrunning/hiding. And almost every town on the coast has a well near it.

• Like 1

I traded weapons with a random guy yesterday. He had a Mosin without amunition and I traded it in for my fully loaded m4. And we both survived and parted ways. This restored my personal believe in the player base :)

• Like 1

ah i love the mosin having the lrs on it to scout out places before going in is pretty nice

Friendly just mean you won't hunt that bitch down. That is all...it means you will not go after them. Friendly does not mean you won't kill someone, or don't want too..lol.

I am friendly also, when I am at a disadvantage, unarmed, passing a person who I am not hunting, see someone in the distance, but don't care to go after them...that is friendly....not saying that coming at someone, that is stupid lol, not friendly.