Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk (DayZ)

Problem with interacting with servers (when in game)

Im not sure if this is a bug or some error so im going to start with a post here and see what people think. When I log on to dayz servers, I cant take a wepone out, if i drop something on the ground it will never show up, i can move around on the server, but say I pick something up it will not show up on my backpack say. Now if i go to an other server, ill have the same probs, but anything i droped onthe last server is gone, and anything i picked up will now show up on this server. But the problem dose not seem to go away. ive spent the last 2 hours trying to find a server this dose not happen on, or trying to find a fix but nothing. Also when i look at the player list (pressing P) it shows erverone with Zero, bandwith, ping etc. I use to see vaules here.

Not sure what to do :(

Thanks for taking time to read this.

• Like 4

Hi, My GF has exactly the same problem. She cant put anything into her hands. She cant use the inventory. She can move around ingame. She could see my character. Her ping goes up to 500, and stays there most of the time. She is desynced. Desync value was at 25k I think last time I checked. This suddenly accoured today at about 8am. Im connected to the same router as her computer. I have had no signs of this on my client. 

I am Russian, I misunderstood what you wrote but it looks like I have the same issue

• Like 1

You in the left corner of the screen yellow chain?

Edited by RedLord

Same issue for me and a couple of friends, whilst some players seems to be mantaning their unfaulty connection. Have any changes been applied serverside?

ya guys its something that was initiated with the battleeye patch.  Im sure they will work threw it but for now we kinda screwed i think.  It seems to be with groups of players.  Im wondering if it has something to do with low graphics settings.

• Like 2

ya guys its something that was initiated with the battleeye patch.  Im sure they will work threw it but for now we kinda screwed i think.  It seems to be with groups of players.  Im wondering if it has something to do with low graphics settings.

Mate of mine has the constant desync but i am completely fine and we play the same servers togther but he did have low graphics settings but turning the settings up to the same as mine did not fix the issue. This issue started affecting my friend about 21:00hrs UTC yesterday (Wednesday) suddenly while playing on a server. This issue has now been constant for my friend since then on many different servers and by different hosts.

Through some testing we have found that he is only desyncing when a player is within a certain distance to him. So when i was on the same server as him in the same building, his desync would increase and he would be unable to interact with the world but when i left the server his desync then stablised and he is able to interact with the world.

His system is running AMD 8350 and AMD 290. He has had the game since release and this is the first issue he has had with the game (bar rubberbanding etc where everyone was effected)

My system which is not affected is an I7-4770K and Nvidia GTX 670.

Hope we can work togther to find this issue asap

Edited by scottishrebel

It may have something to do with craphic settings, but then maybe not just "low or high" settings, I'm playing with a group of friends where we got a big range of settings and computer specs, and even some of us with 1600euro comps got this issue =/

Thanks for the feedback, glad im not alone, did not know the term "desync" but after reading this i looked around and seems since the new patch alot of players have this "desync" problem.. no fix as of yet but  it would seem :(

Yup ive been threw this 3 times in the past 2-3 days. It happened to me for a like 20-30 minutes at first. Couldnt use any items. Then it was okay, then yesterday i couldnt interact with the server at all. I had all the same problems as you except now it was like i wasn't even connected to the server in the first place. No other characters were there, zombies wouldnt interact, and when i went to look at my ping and desync i realized that they were zero's for everything, including my bandwidth, on the list of players in the server it also showed zero's for all of them. Basically meaning im in the server and able to move about but nothing is registering at all.  

I did however conduct a little test. I ran around on the airfield for about 15-20 mins talking on my microphone trying to find another player because i wanted to see if i could die, reset and that would fix it. (i couldnt use the jump or climb and zombies dont attack me so killing myself like that wasn't an option really).  I finally had someone say I'm in the jailhouse second floor, so i walked over there went up to the second floor (still unable to interact with doors/items (thankfully all the doors were open) ) . However no one was on the second floor, but i could hear the guy reloading his gun, eating food, and talking to me telling me he was up there. So i walked down the stairs then back up the stairs to see i checked in the entire building couldnt see him, the guy kept insisting he was up there, he couldnt see me either though. Finally i told him i was back upstairs and to just shoot around, next thing i know i finally got the "You are dead" message. 

So honestly i have no freaking idea. I couldnt interact with the server, it showed zero's for all my values (ping, bandwidth, ect.) and everyone elses values, however i could hear movements/players talking, and my character was still able to register being killed. So confusing and so annoying, but i guess that's what alphas about, hopefully getting this fixed soon.

To add on to this, i respawned without my flashlight or battery, couldnt do anything again besides run around, thankfully this fixed itself after about 5 mins and i was able to use items and my flashlight and battery appeared in my inventory, however some random kill me like 5 mins after that, i respawned and then i had the same problem with not interacting with the server and was able to do anything, so giving up till this is fixed.

same problem here  I think it is being cause by the battle eye update :(

Edited by ThrawnBlaze

I think i may have a possible fix, not sure need you all to test it plz:

Fist off here is recap of prob:

I have been unable to play the game for days, i could not open doors, take out weapons etc. yet my desync said 0 but also ping and bandwidth was 0, tryed everything i could think of on my end and nothing worked.

Test fix (plz report back)

I when in game and i removed from my inventory my 3 yellow storage boxes from my backpack etc and my first aid pack as well as my ammo box. I logged out of server turned off game; started back game went to a new server, and it seemed that it was not fixed but WAIT, around 1min later my desync showed up (where before it along with ping was 0) i waited some more and the game went back to normally (no desync), ive now played for 40 mins and no problem, jumped servers to test it and still working.
I never have used the glitch where you can put boxes etc in other boxes so this was not the prob here, but it seems by me just having a few full storage boxes, med kit etc in my backpack and tac-vest it caused the bug.

Id check your character; see if you too have a ammo box full, and  full storgae boxes etc and if so remove them. Or even if they no full just remove them, yes you going to lose stuff, but if you have the same prob as me you cant play the game anyhow so it should not matter.

I cant say this is the "fix" but it worked for me. So worth looking in to I would think. Plz post back, if it works for you also I will then send on as much info as i can to the dev team.

Summary:

Remove all storage boxes, first aid kits etc from body, restart game go to a server, wait a short time and it should work again, not sure if you should pick up your old stuff, i did not as im thinking it bugged and not worth it.

Pls report back, I hope this works for other people like it did for me, best of luck, Whitehawk.

Edited by Whitehawk

This happens to people who have nested containers.  IE backpacks inside backpacks inside backpacks etc, or protection case inside protection case inside protection case etc.  I have never stacked my inventory like this so can't confirm but people have been reporting this on the bug tracker.  Just to be safe I do not carry any containers, and i think even an ammo box full of ammo might give you problems so i just carry 3x 60 round clips and about 100 loose ammo in my inventory to avoid carrying too much loot.

Also I don't know if it is my imagination but I forwarded port 2302 on my router and it feels like servers are more responsive and I am less prone to suffer desync allthough it still happens.  Hope you find something useful in this post lol.

This happens to people who have nested containers.  IE backpacks inside backpacks inside backpacks etc, or protection case inside protection case inside protection case etc.  I have never stacked my inventory like this so can't confirm but people have been reporting this on the bug tracker.  Just to be safe I do not carry any containers, and i think even an ammo box full of ammo might give you problems so i just carry 3x 60 round clips and about 100 loose ammo in my inventory to avoid carrying too much loot.

Also I don't know if it is my imagination but I forwarded port 2302 on my router and it feels like servers are more responsive and I am less prone to suffer desync allthough it still happens.  Hope you find something useful in this post lol.

Ya i had not "nested" any of my container (ever) but still was effected, I would agree, even a full container may effect you. Ive also been old on a server that holding 60 round stacks of bullets out of the clip and in ammo box may effect you... not sure on this but.

Thanks for the try, but not working for me. Still i can't do anything instead of running ...

Sorry to hear this. Have you tried a respawn? I saw someone that all the characters where ment to be killed a few days ago with an update, maybe yours did not. (I would like to point out im not sure on this just something i found when trying to solve my issue)

Also I still find now when i join a server that i have desync for about a 1min but seems to fix its self, so i think what i did sort of fixed my problem but not 100%, so im at a bit of a loss. Anyhow will see if anyone else finds something.

Sorry to hear this. Have you tried a respawn? I saw someone that all the characters where ment to be killed a few days ago with an update, maybe yours did not. (I would like to point out im not sure on this just something i found when trying to solve my issue)

Also I still find now when i join a server that i have desync for about a 1min but seems to fix its self, so i think what i did sort of fixed my problem but not 100%, so im at a bit of a loss. Anyhow will see if anyone else finds something.

Yes, i killed myself by running from the top of a buling (a few times, it was not effective until i left the server :D). After that i was trying again, after searching 20 or 30 servers i found one who worked, but only for about an hour or so. Same problem again.

Getting rid of nested backpacks fixed me. I've logged close to 100 hours playing this game, and run into all sorts of shitty bugs haha. Most frustrating ones are the wipes, but meh. 

This was a new one for me this morning. Server list populates, I pick one out, load in, see my character appear all the good stuff but can't equip my weapon, open doors, anything (I've run into a similar bug where this happens, I mash my mouse and keyboard then try to equip and it works). I see stuff on the ground, can't pick it up. Reload a new server. Same thing, try like 4 times, right clicking items it just spins on the "retrieving" message. Reinstall the game, check my ports, going crazy. Then I look in my inventory and notice that some of the things I was trying to pick up are in my inventory. So test time, I tried to pick one thing up and drop something already in my inventory, switched servers and success.

So then I start thinking what is different and the only thing is that this morning I started making "starter" packs for buddies with a hunter pack, can opener, some other misc stuffs, then stacking that bag in a bag. I had 4-5 of the things. So I log into a server, drop all the bags including the one on my back, reload the same server and magically I can interact with stuff again, I then spend 20 minutes unpacking all the bags and cursing life but back to normal play here.

Hope this helps someone!

Edited by JoeMonkey

ya it seems to be having nested kit in your bag, ive just tested this again, reset my character, filled up a ammo box put it in a backpack with first aid kit and bang now i cant interact with anything on the server. killed myself, restarted game and I can now interact with servers.... very odd error and im not even putting a backpaack in a backpack. Clearly this is a bug they need to fix.

Have any of your waited around the item you placed on the ground long enough for it to appear. I have stood, and interracted with my backpack while waiting and this item I placed on the fround appeared after about 80-90 seconds most times. It sometimes too up to 140 seconds to appear. This is a rough estimate, and I was moving items from full spots to empty spots within the same bag. Also right clicking on an item and getting the receiving message allowed the item to appear after some time on occasion.

Same problem. Can't play anything. That is issue high desync. i hope they will fix this issue in the next patch

• Like 1