Sign in to follow this  
Bacardi (DayZ)

In-Game voice ability

Something I would really like to see in-game, is something like a button which you press, and you're able to talk to anyone in your local area (30 metres or so).

Something such as Garry's Mod, where you press ''X'' and you're able to talk with people next to you.

Direct chat, which isn't working, has that type of function. Press "Caps Lock". Don't talk in Side.

This is already in the game, although currently broken. I heard that Rocket passed it on to the ARMA2 devs and that they are making a patch for it.

It's called direct chat, and you can only hear it within a certain range.

This is already in the game' date=' although currently broken. I heard that Rocket passed it on to the ARMA2 devs and that they are making a patch for it.

[/quote']

Are you sure direct chat is broken, it works for me all the time

This is already in the game' date=' although currently broken. I heard that Rocket passed it on to the ARMA2 devs and that they are making a patch for it.

[/quote']

Well, it's broken in DayZ. As far as I know.

[/quote']

It's worked for me once, I know a lot of people saying they can't though. I'll test again later today.

[/quote']

It is broken for some. For example one of my friends can hear me but the other does not. This makes it very unreliable when trying to talk with people outside your friend group which is why there is so much spamming in sidechat.

I've had mixed results. I think a lot depends on whether or not the server is patched up to the fixed version.

I've also read in much older threads that it was using other channels that broke it. Spawn into a server, switch to direct chat and don't use any other channel (for voice or text). See if that works.

Its more likely to be hardware related eg what sound card do you run etc

This issue is also present in standard arma2 gaming for the odd players