mrdirtydeedz

Light of all kind not working (lamp light - daylight etc.)

I'm having this issue where no matter which server I go to there is ZERO working light. All servers are night on my client. Since I started playing a few days ago, all daylight has ceased to exist. I have no idea what I should do to correct it. I've reset the game countless times, joined various different servers, whatever. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall the game but I don't think that I should have to do so to correct the issue. Also, flashlights, lamps, etc. do not provide any light. I know of an issue where a lamp acquired from one server may not work on another server but I've picked up fresh lamps and still they do not work. This whole issue is making it extremely difficult to find gear. Wtf am I to do to fix the daylight problem??

There are daylight servers out there, but most of it comes down to keeping an eye on the server's time zone. DayZ has a 24 hour day-night cycle. Also, try community servers, a lot of them stick to day.

For me 80% of the time if it has a lower case z it's day and if it's a upper it's night.

example:

dayz = daytime

dayZ = nightime

this is not 100% but for me it works most of the time.