Sign in to follow this  
sortadrunk

fps issues after trying to fix. please help

Hello, i recently bought a new computer and here are my specs. 

AMD fxtm 4300 quad core 3.80 ghz
nvidia gtx610 1gb
8 gb ram

and i can only get like 20-30 fps with dayz on low graphics, i've tried to do all the things other videos say to do. like edit the notepad files and profiles for arma2oa. but still no luck. i want to play the game on better settings but it wont let me. my fps drops down to like 15-20. can anyone please help me. or link me to a video that can actually help. i literally have to run everything on very low. and even then i still get bad fps. please help. my comp is brand new so nothing needs to be defragged or cleaned. 

Sorry, but I am afraid your graphics card is not gonna cut it. It is a new series (GTX6##), but the slowest model, which is really designed mainly for general usage and play some light games. Unfortunately, DayZ is not a light game, it is very demanding. Either upgrade your graphics card or live with the framerate. I am actually surprised you can even maintain that framerate. I don't know how you'll manage frameratewise in the cities though.

To maybe push a few more frames per second out of it download the newest drivers from nvidia and set the game as low as possible.

Edited by Liquidje

Sorry, but I am afraid your graphics card is not gonna cut it. It is a new series (GTX6##), but the slowest model, which is really designed mainly for general usage and play some light games. Unfortunately, DayZ is not a light game, it is very demanding. Either upgrade your graphics card or live with the framerate. I am actually surprised you can even maintain that framerate. I don't know how you'll manage frameratewise in the cities though.

To maybe push a few more frames per second out of it download the newest drivers from nvidia and set the game as low as possible.

thank you for you post, that is what i was looking forward to hearing. i am planning on upgrading my graphics card come this next paycheck. my budget is under 300$. do you have any recommendations? and once again thank you for your help. i figured this was the reason. 

Best bang for your bucks is r270x for around $250 based on amazon (I'm from the Netherlands, I don't really know the regular prices in the US). If you want to go Nvidia get the 660 (Ti), which is on par.

Best bang for your bucks is r270x for around $250 based on amazon (I'm from the Netherlands, I don't really know the regular prices in the US). If you want to go Nvidia get the 660 (Ti), which is on par.

are these the most new models? once again thank you for all your help. im new to all this graphics card stuff. haha and what about this the gtx760? 

Edited by sortadrunk

http://www.twitch.tv/lirikSettings below and he only gets 60 or below FPS its Dayz FPS as all ways been poor. So don't waste loads money if your are only looking to pay Dayz on your comp. :)

Gaming PC:

• CPU: i7 3770k

GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb

KBD: Logitech G710+

MOUSE: Feenix Nascita

MNTR: BenQ 120HZ XL2420T

AUDIO: Astro A50's Wireless Headset

Streaming PC:

• CPU: i7 3770k

GPU: EVGA GeForce GT 630

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4gb

KBD: Logitech G710+

MOUSE: Logitech G400 -Headset: Logitech G430

are these the most new models? once again thank you for all your help. im new to all this graphics card stuff. haha and what about this the gtx760? 

Oh yeah, that one too. The gtx 760 is on par with the gtx 660Ti, so pick whichever you like (look up some benchmarks for comparisons). The 760 is newer, but newer is not always better (for example, your gtx610 is worse than a high end gtx5##, and probably even a high-end gtx4##. Radeon is the newest model.

To be honest, whichever you pick will more or less be a matter of taste and which one "feels" right. There are small variations in price and performance though. It's hard to pick one over the other.

If you need anything let me know. I'm sure you will be very happy with your new upgrade :)