Sign in to follow this  
Taze (DayZ)

Abandoned Mine!

Okay so thus far I haven't seen this suggested but I've found a lot of people want something underground like a sewer system.

Obviously because the towns in the map are so small (even the bigguns') this would not be practical.

My suggestion is -as the title suggests- an abandoned mine shaft and/or quarry

Loot options could be industrial with possibilities for small amounts of military loot in some security rooms on the surface in addition to an idea to provide an incentive for traveling into the mine itself (making flashlights useful again).

Ideas I have come up with so far -lore and location wise- is that miners could have drilled into the wall of a disused cold war era bunker for example not accessible from the surface (due to a blockage at the front door of some kind or even concrete sealing). The idea would be therefore that players when exploring the tunnels looking for fire axes or industrial loot etc, could find this hidden bunker and find military loot of some kind inside, as well as some kind of food/drink rations.

All of this would give players of almost all gear level incentive to travel into the mine.

Where the entrance to the mine could be is still up for debate in my mind, however there are plenty of forests around in addition to northern areas of the map.

I hope I made my idea as clear as possible and I look forward to any replies this gets,

Thanks,

Taze

Edited by Taze
  • Like 5

underground structures will eventually come in later 2014. stay put ;)

I am waiting patiently for a cave system, 

good idea mate :)