Sign in to follow this  
Grandpa (DayZ)

Clothing suggestion.

I think that all clothing should have the same amount of slots available.

for example: Pantsx4, jeansx4 etc etc, cause then all ppl is using the same kind of military pants no one using jeans cause they have less slots. with this system we will never see anyone on jeans.

just a suggestion...

• Like 1

I get why they don't, but I agree on a cosmetic level... It's a shame that you don't see more people in hoodies, beanies and what not, as you most likely would in a real apocalypse.

Here, everyone jumps into camo gear, as they add not only more slots, but better chances of not being spottet by bandits.

It's a shame. There's something familiar about a small pack, street clothing and a baseball bat, that just has a certain appeal.

Still... As it stands, every single geared player will be wearing a stupid helmet, gasmask as it provides better camouflage colours than your face, green army gear, green army vests and a hunters pack, cus it doesn't stand out in the brush.

Too bad really.

I kinda think it balances itself out, as anyone wearing camo gear will be shot on sight by anyone else with a firearm. Wearing civilian clothing might not offer as many slots to carry stuff (as if they're all necessary anyway) but it decreases your apparent threat level to other players, so you're more likely to survive an encounter with another person.

I think that all clothing should have the same amount of slots available.

for example: Pantsx4, jeansx4 etc etc, cause then all ppl is using the same kind of military pants no one using jeans cause they have less slots. with this system we will never see anyone on jeans.

just a suggestion...

Well....the ACU style pants, Im wearing atm,  got way more pockets than a levis...and thats why I am wearing them....

I kinda think it balances itself out, as anyone wearing camo gear will be shot on sight by anyone else with a firearm. Wearing civilian clothing might not offer as many slots to carry stuff (as if they're all necessary anyway) but it decreases your apparent threat level to other players, so you're more likely to survive an encounter with another person.

0.3% less chance of being killed on sight maybe? i get what you mean though and i shared that same though. But it simply doesn't happen, people will kill you regardless.

The only reason this is happening is because of the limited amount of variety.

It's alpha.

More will be added later.

But yes, i definitely do agree that there need to be jeans and other types of pants with more(or less) slots so you don't see everyone going for 1 type of clothing because it yields the most carrying capacity. Maybe even have it randomized?

The thing that drives me crazy is trying to play with a group.  Everyone looks the same and then you run into 4 other people that look just like you.  Oh ballistic helmet, gas mask, camo shirt, and pants?  Never seen you before!  ;)   I came up with the idea that we would all wear the same Dallas mask and blue beanie hat so that we would know who is who. The VERY next person we ran into was wearing that.

They really need to make camo items WAY more rare, just to encourage a diverse look.  Like in the mod, finding a ghillie suit was exciting.  Should be like that.  Oh holy shit, camo pants.  Not, "Oh what season of camo pants do you want?  This building has 2 of each"

Edited by Taggert13

I wear jeans and checkered shirt. To hell with function, I'm fashionable dammit! Also leather loafers and no ugly backpack.