gamer222

will Mantle improve the performance of DayZ standalone FPS

Do you think we will have over 60fps all the time with mantle this year, I think Rocket should test it right away when it's out he could I think boost FPS in the game...

They'd need to implement it into the game engine and that's likely a lot of work. It's not something that you just download into the game and test in an afternoon.

Edited by RicHSAD

no ! its for frostbite engine games mainly for a start bf4 will be first. sometimes this month.

It's not just for frostbite it's for all graphics core next GPUs...

The game needs to support Mantle. I think what our friend meant is that Frostbite is the first engine to support it.

bf4 is the first major game to support it and it will be showcased with bf4. dayz isnt using mantle. most titles using it are frostbite. at the moment its hype from amd. also if other devs dont use it it doesn't matter if it works or not.

follow this guy on twitter if you interested about it https://twitter.com/repi

Just go for Intel/nVidia builds if you have the money to.

I'm on AMD/AMD myself at the moment but I'm swapping over as soon as I can.

AMD lacks all of the goodies such as nVidia's Shadow Play and the driver package doesn't even seem to update itself anymore because AMD can't get their shit straight without having security risks.

Not to mention Intel and nVidia get much better frames.

I doubt that Mantle will arrive to DayZ SA at all.

It is only for Ati/AMD cards anyway, so not everybody would benefit from it, thus it's unlikely to happen.

I'd much more like to see general client optimalisation, that would bring more FPS regardless of what brand your PC components are.

Well for a start I think whether you will ever manage to maintain 60+ FPS depends more on your system specs than anything else, and no, I don't think this will be a priority for the devs. They have a lot of work to do as is and they're only a very small team.

• Like 1