batey5454

Freezin/Desync

So I've been playing DayZ for awhile, and have never had any issues with the game related to lagging. All of a sudden today I've been experiencing really bad desync on every server. So Everyone else is able to see me running around and putting items into my hand and etc. I, on the other hand, Can't see any of them moving or see anything in my hand...everything is just frozen. People can see my maxed out desync by pushing P, but when I push P it says I have no desync and do not have a yellow or red chain. It's been happening all morning, and I can't seem to fix it. Any other game runs fine and my internet is fine. Any help?

• Like 3

I'm having the exact same problem.

I'm unable to use any items, equip any items, or interact with anything at all. I can just run around.

It is worth nothing, however, that when I run somewhere and log out, the server *does* save where I logged out. I just can't really do anything else.

I'm not sure if I can be attacked by zombies, I don't really want to risk that when I can't fight back.

Yeah I literally have the same problem, I can't do anything but run and the server saves my location tho...and others can see me run. I appearently got attacked by a zombie as well as half my color is gone

Exact same problem here as well - Max Desync on any server I join

Nope... This really sucks considering i spent $30 to do nothing :|

Desync is normal to an extent due to the server's network. Have you checked your ping by going to the player menu(by clicking P by default in-game) to see if it was your latency?

I haven't really noticed it, perhaps playing on a different server that's closer to your real life location could help as well.

Edited by TIC321

Yeah my ping has been fine, and its on every single server. Any of my other games play fine, its just DayZ

I've checked every single server on the list. It isn't the servers themselves because I found the IP of some of them and did a tracert; no packet loss, nothing. Ping is nominal, ~30.

I'm pretty sure it's a client issue.

I am  having the same problem. my character  can run around but I cant put anything in my hands or interact with anything either. I can see my friends running in place not doing any thing, most of the time when I press "P" every one ping says "0" so I have to ask my fiends for my ping. but the really weird part is that I play with my brother in the same house and he has no problem with his ping but I on the other hand has a ping bouncing from 60 to 200 to 900. like the others this problem started today

I checked the individual pings of everyone on the server; it shows up as 0 for every network statistic, including myself. Including 0 ping. I am so confused.

edit:

Upon finding another player, I walked up to them and on my screen they're just standing in place, spazzing out.

Edited by nocx

I get the same exact issue as most.. Except I get a yellow bar sometimes and I can't get any ping to the servers in game. But everything seems to save, but yet i can't see anyone move nor can i take out a gun.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION:

I logged out and got onto my friend's account.

Everything was fixed, no problems at all. I think the characters are bugged. I'm going to kill myself and report back.

Edited by nocx

In another thread someone suggests that this issue is only present on BattlEye servers - has anyone checked to see if that is the case?

I think I found the solution. 

I kept running around until I was starving, and then as I was dying, everything started working again.

I think the characters are bugged. Taking damage might be what fixes the problem.

edit:

I can move and interact with stuff, now, but my desync is really, really high.

edit2:

This is the most impossible to recreate bug ever.

Edited by nocx

Been having desync problems since this morning. I been playing just fine since the release of alpha. No problems in any other games. Speedtest shows my connection is fine. 

Mine got better once my guy died like as was reported. But as soon as I met up with my team I desynced out. It was a lot better lastnight but i desynced a bit every 5 minutes or so

Interesting thing, the connection is so bad, i cannot die. I jump from the tower on the airfield a few times, nothing happend.

edit: OK, after a server change i died. New char, same problem ...

Edited by ZackAttack885

I got a tip if you drop your ruin items that it would solve this problem but that is a lie so save your stuff and I would just wait for the devs to fix it and if a dev read this I am having a great time with the game.

Edited by Eggman11

One suggestion I'd say is to validate your cache on Steam. It's been reported that it works for some.