Sign in to follow this  
UmBe

Stone Walls

Currently in the SA (or ArmA in general) if you find stone walls like at the Airfield you are going to find convenient holes in it, so that you can walk right trough or crawl under it.

When I am playing and I see one of those holes I ask myself how did it get there, what damaged the wall and why did no one fix it (since the Apocalypse happen not to long ago, maybe moths or weeks).

So I would like to see no broken walls at all, except they give us an explanation like a crashed vehicle, but rather the option to climb it by yourself (high stamina cost) or boost/ be boosted over it by a friend (lower stamina cost but for both players).

Picture of a wall with a hole (don't look at the arm ^^):

http://data.michalkos.cz/obrazky/arma2/bug-01_01.jpg

Video showing climbing animation (2:25):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vklOq6KFQy4

Edited by UmBe

I agree that nothing should feel "placed for convenience". But we need a way to climb that chain-link fence at the very least. If it's surmountable, it should be surmountable - time and vulnerability should be our only obstructions. 

• Like 1

Or wire cutters to cut a hole into the fence. This should take a little time and be noisy but give players the choice of a short noisy route or a long and exposed but quieter route.

I'm not sure why you'd want no damaged walls at all though. Shit gets broken, especially if there are shambling zombies and noone around to fix it.

Or wire cutters to cut a hole into the fence. This should take a little time and be noisy but give players the choice of a short noisy route or a long and exposed but quieter route.

I'm not sure why you'd want no damaged walls at all though. Shit gets broken, especially if there are shambling zombies and noone around to fix it.

They should add wire cutters (small and big ones) but I don't think Zombies/Infected could destroy walls, because they don't use any tools and if you have punched a wall before you know it only hurts you ^^. And also why would they, they can't eat walls and Zombies only rage against living things (AFAIK)

And also why would they, they can't eat walls and Zombies only rage against living things (AFAIK)

Well, given that we've not actually seen zombies before we can use a bit of creative licence. Zombies, being dead and rotting ex-people, might not have the cognitive ability to think about much other than food. Perhaps, when there's no food to eat, they resort to bashing walls in frustration. ;)

Check any film/comic/game featuring our undead friends and you'll probably find a scene where one is standing bashing their head/hands into a wall for no real reason other than ZOMBIE.

DayZ takes place more like 10 years after "it" started. Some walls would most likley collapse in this time because of wind or plants/nature.

DayZ takes place more like 10 years after "it" started. 

really ?!

Why do we find fruit .. at all? I mean after 10 years only goo would be left .. or mould.

And almost all of the canned goods would have retired, too.

What would be the point of wire cutters? First guy cuts a hole. Everyone else uses the hole till server reset. "Someone, a sniper, could camp the hole." People are lazy. They'll use an open hole any day over spending 2 minutes cutting a new one.