swooped

DayZ SA: Very bad Stuttering on battleye severs.

When i play on a battleye enabled severs i get very bad frame stuttering. Its an unplayable amount of stuttering every couple steps i take. This doesn't occur on servers w/o battleye. I have tried turning off my AVG but it didnt help.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Edited by swooped

Try uninstalling AVG temporarily.

Edited by Nik21

Lower some settings in the menu, turn off Vsync and rotation blur.

Lower some settings in the menu, turn off Vsync and rotation blur.

I have everything turned down already. I get 30-60 fps on other servers.

You're not alone! I too am suffering from this problem. When I connect to any server that is running BattleEye the game has insane stuttering, locking up for a micro-second every few seconds when moving. It's so bad that running against an object I completely phase through and go out the other side, allowing me to walk through concrete walls and buildings.

I have confirmed that this is only an issue on BattleEye servers by joining non-battleEye servers and observing no problem, the game runs perfectly.

It's not my fps, it's not my connection. DayZ on any server that isn't running BattleEye works beautifully, with a consistent fps of 35-50, but as soon as I join a server that uses BattleEye, my player starts to stutter all over the place (no fps drop). As you can imagine, full servers without battleEye are somewhat difficult to come across, and this is horribly hindering my game experience.

And to those wondering, no, I do not have AVG or AVG installed on my computer. As far as i'm aware my anti-virus is doing nothing with BattleEye. If anybody has an idea on how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by InconspicuousMonkey

I have not checked a non-BattlEye server as of yet, but I am also experiencing this problem. Additionally, I have disabled all Firewalls and Antiviral software, so know that is not the issue.

I hope this problem is made a priority, as I convinced two friends to buy the game off the back of my experiences with it thus far, and obviously they aren't impressed that it's completely unplayable at the moment. :P

I have this problem aswell. Tried reinstalling Steam, AVG, DayZ and i've disabled all of my firewalls, Anyone of you guys have massive ping and Desync aswell?

You're not alone! I too am suffering from this problem. When I connect to any server that is running BattleEye the game has insane stuttering, locking up for a micro-second every few seconds when moving. It's so bad that running against an object I completely phase through and go out the other side, allowing me to walk through concrete walls and buildings.

I have confirmed that this is only an issue on BattleEye servers by joining non-battleEye servers and observing no problem, the game runs perfectly.

It's not my fps, it's not my connection. DayZ on any server that isn't running BattleEye works beautifully, with a consistent fps of 35-50, but as soon as I join a server that uses BattleEye, my player starts to stutter all over the place (no fps drop). As you can imagine, full servers without battleEye are somewhat difficult to come across, and this is horribly hindering my game experience.

And to those wondering, no, I do not have AVG or AVG installed on my computer. As far as i'm aware my anti-virus is doing nothing with BattleEye. If anybody has an idea on how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

called rubber-banding and is an known issue.

I had this but it's gone after the hotfix now i got desync out of hell

called rubber-banding and is an known issue.

I had this but it's gone after the hotfix now i got desync out of hell

I don't see why rubber-banding would only be on issue on servers running BattlEye. I've tested servers with the only thing being changed being BattlEye not enabled and the game runs flawlessly.

It doesn't feel like Rubber-banding. My player isn't teleporting a step or thee backwards for every 5 I take, the entire screen freezes for half a second and then I continue moving forward. And it doesn't seem to be an issue with my CPU or GPU or anything hardware related, as any server that isn't using BattlEye runs fine.

No desync either, just this odd stutter on BattlEye.

Same problem as monkey. its not an FPS/desync/rubberbanding issue since I dealt with this on the DayZ Mod and after looking for a fix the only thing that fixed it on there was turning turning the threaded optimization off for arma 2. Tried doing the same for DayZ SA but nothing still get the stupid micro stutter/stutter stepping on all battleye enabled servers and no stutters of any kind on non-battleye servers.

edit for spellings.

Edited by Cyscape

I'm yet another player who experiences the rubber banding and occasionally the micro-stuttering only on BE enabled servers.  I think it's pretty clear by now that this is a BE issue for certain players.  I guess that kind of takes it out of the hands of Rocket.  I'm going to send an email to BE, it would probably be wise for the rest of yall to do the same so it is brought to light as quickly as possible

aye, I can confirm as well. when I am on BE servers I get a spike every few feet when moving.  clipped me through a wall to fall to my death tonight. .... lost a damn can opener. lol

non BE servers seem fine. however they are impossible to find!.

fingers crossed for a fix before the weekend.

Lamp

Try verifying your game's cache on Steam.

Try verifying your game's cache on Steam.

Tried. Also tried deleting and re-downloading the entire game, no effect. Disabled all firewalls and anti-viruses, no effect.

Edit:

Time: 9:50 GMT (+0)

The problem just resolved itself in-inexplicably... At first I thought I had fixed it, as I decided to just give DayZ and decided to stop all anti-viruses and firewalls for the 5th time running. But then just to confirm that my solution worked I enabled them all again, and yet the fix remained.

One thing I immediately noticed is that when connecting to a server, previously in the bottom left hand corner in red text I would get the pop-up

"BattlEye Client Initialized: Version 1.206" then directly below it would show

"GUID:(random number and text string)"

However now it only shows that the Client has initalized, the string of numbers and letters has vanished, and the stutter is now mysteriously gone. Was there a hot-fix patch? Is anybody else who was suffering from this (OP and a few others) confirm it has been fixed?

Double edit:

The problem just came back. Except now the message below ""BattlEye Client Initialized" is "BattlEye: Server Corrupted GUID: (numbers/letters)"

Symptoms are exactly the same as before, if not worse.

Veryifing cache via steam did not fix this. I also tried getting the BattlEye client straight from their website, no change. Currently re-installing DayZ and will update more then.

[update] After re-installing DayZ the problem has changed form once again. Now rather than saying "BattlEye: Server Corrupted GUID:" I now get a helpful message telling me "BattlEye: Server Computed GUID:"

Of course, exact same problems as originally, with their being a stutter in my step every way, and I once again tested non-battleye servers, where the game performed perfectly.

I tried verifying my cache again. I turned off all anti-virus software and firewalls, everything is updated, restarted my router, restarted my pc. Still have it.

BattlEye so far has proved to be nothing but extreme headache. Fuck me. I'm on the verge of just giving up.

it has to be BE related.  I just tried a non BE server with a ping of 340 and put all graphics settings to very high, ran around with no issues at all.

exited that server, went to a random BE enabled server with a ping of 45 and I cant move 2 feet with out lagging. even the graphics load in took forever.

argh.

Lamp.

Please try the following:

1.) Temporarily uninstall any security software from your system.

2.) Run the "msconfig" tool and select "Diagnostic startup". Then reboot your system.

Something on your system interferes with BE's scanning and the result is such stuttering/freezing (I'm not talking about in-game lag, which is not related to BE). This has been investigated before and unfortunately it can't be fixed on BE's side.

Please try the following:

1.) Temporarily uninstall any security software from your system.

2.) Run the "msconfig" tool and select "Diagnostic startup". Then reboot your system.

Something on your system interferes with BE's scanning and the result is such stuttering/freezing (I'm not talking about in-game lag, which is not related to BE). This has been investigated before and unfortunately it can't be fixed on BE's side.

Thank you! It did not fix my problem but it made me think like the geek I am, the only thing that I did was to only run starting programs that has microsoft's stamp on them, and everything that's about security, just don't check it, like windows defender, firewall etc, you where not completely correct but you where so close. Thanks!

We should not have to uninstall security software that some people pay for just to get a 1 single game to work. If it has been investigated before by BE then why haven't they tried to find a way to remedy it or a work around for all users that have had the problem?

We should not have to uninstall security software that some people pay for just to get a 1 single game to work. If it has been investigated before by BE then why haven't they tried to find a way to remedy it or a work around for all users that have had the problem?

Normally security software doesn't cause this, but in some cases for certain users there can be problems.

I'm sorry, but unfortunately there is not much I can do if certain software doesn't like what BE is doing. Believe me, it was tried before. You might as well ask the creators of such software for a solution. For example, recently ESET, the creators of NOD32, fixed the stuttering issue caused by their software on BE servers.

I don't see why rubber-banding would only be on issue on servers running BattlEye. I've tested servers with the only thing being changed being BattlEye not enabled and the game runs flawlessly.

It doesn't feel like Rubber-banding. My player isn't teleporting a step or thee backwards for every 5 I take, the entire screen freezes for half a second and then I continue moving forward. And it doesn't seem to be an issue with my CPU or GPU or anything hardware related, as any server that isn't using BattlEye runs fine.

No desync either, just this odd stutter on BattlEye.

ok

our problems are different cause i had rubber-banding and now just desync

Thank you! It did not fix my problem but it made me think like the geek I am, the only thing that I did was to only run starting programs that has microsoft's stamp on them, and everything that's about security, just don't check it, like windows defender, firewall etc, you where not completely correct but you where so close. Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand you, are you saying that the problem is now fixed for you? If so, what program(s) did you disable/uninstall?