swooped

DayZ SA: Very bad Stuttering on battleye severs.

It seems it has fixed itself for me.

I had the problem, so I searched for it and found this post. After seeing it doesn't happen on servers without BE; I decided to join one and try. And of course the stutter didn't appear. So I left the server and joined a protected server and the problem disappeared.

I am not sure how or why it's fixed. But I'm happy it fixed itself and I wish good luck to everyone else.

You're not alone, I've started experiencing this few days ago. It has to be related to BattleEye and I absolutely don't beleive there is no way they can fix it. If it's caused by their newest version in the first place, I'm pretty sure they can fix it as well. DayZ is currently unplayable to me because of the constant stuttering.

I've never seen anti-cheat plugin that would cause problems to regular players in such way...

avg turned crap 2 years ago. better go with avast. Of course - disable some useless shields they provide and your good to go. 

Please try the following:

1.) Temporarily uninstall any security software from your system.

2.) Run the "msconfig" tool and select "Diagnostic startup". Then reboot your system.

Something on your system interferes with BE's scanning and the result is such stuttering/freezing (I'm not talking about in-game lag, which is not related to BE). This has been investigated before and unfortunately it can't be fixed on BE's side.

Did uninstall on both AVG and Spybot.  Did msconfig and diagnostic startup.  Under diagnostic startup I cannot connect to my network which makes this moot.  Not sure if it's something inherent to diagnostic startup or if it prevents something my USB wireless stick needs to run.  I have literally killed EVERY non-essential process now and am down to a very small list: csrss.exe, dwm.exe, explorer.exe, steam.exe, taskhost.exe, tasmgr.exe and winlogon.exe.  This problem is STILL persisting on ONLY BE enabled servers.  How in the hell is this not BE related?  Is it a hardware incompatibility that suddenly cropped up?  If that's the case I think that's on you guys.  This worked last sunday when I bought standalone and since monday I have to search far and wide for a BE server that works temporarily or just go to a non BE server.

Also here's my convo so far with someone from BE

Hi,

This doesn't seem to be caused by BE. Yes, we already checked it. Note that most non-BE servers don't have a lot of players, so that possibly explains why you don't have any issues there.

Said that this happens on servers with 0-39 players doesn't matter and they replied again quickly.

Hi,

1. Non-BE servers aren't quite active and don't have nearly as many connects/disconnects.
2. Non-BE servers use a separate hive.

So if there is any bug in the current game version that gets worse the more strain there is on a server and the longer it runs, then this outcome is exactly what you would expect. BE in its current state has run without any such issues in OA for a long time.

• Like 1

Perhaps we should start looking for some hardware commonality that could perhaps explain this.

My specs:

Sabertooth 990FX mobo

AMD Phenom2 1100T BE

Intel 120gb SSD

MSI 6950 TwinFrozr

Sapphire 6950 FleX

8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

Corsair Vengeance 1500 7.1 simulated surround headset

Running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Also running 3x1 Eyefinity two 23"s on the side and a 32" TV in the middle.

Im running on a Toshiba labtop

model Satellite L505D

proc: AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M520 2.30 GHz

Ram: 4G

64 bit

Display: AMD M880G - Radeon HD 4200

SOB.  As of today it is now doing it on Non-BE servers for me......how the hell did this work fine consistently for 3 days and now its persisting to ALL servers.  Guess it isn't BE afterall.  Can anyone else confirm this on non-BE servers?

My problem with desync seemed to fix itself somewhat anyway. The 8th and 9th of this month was unplayable for me but just magically on the 10th it all seemed to calm down. I still get some hard lag when I first join the server but once that's over with its playable. I do get desync 100k after a while of playing but it last just a few seconds and isn't consistent. I do not use a firewall nor antivirus. Hopefully it's being investigated by someone.

Edited by Nailer

AMD CPU is consistent.  

Computer Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 AMD Chipset.
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0Ghz 125W 8-Core.
GPU1: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3Gb 384-Bit GDDR5
GPU2:EVGA GeForce GT 610 1Gb DDR3 (Used for Alternate Displays ONLY)
RAM: 32Gb Kingston Beast Ram

Hmmm not even sure it's to do with any hardware.  My buddy who has been fine so far this week tried to join a server I was doing fine on and experienced the problem, now most every server is doing it to him just like me.  This has to be something in the game files that is corrupting randomly (perhaps there are some servers out there that are doing it).  Odd that verifying cache doesn't seem to catch it.  I'm going to go ahead and endure the arduous process of reinstallation and see if it fixes anything.

Alright my friends and fellow DayZers

to anyone having Battleye issues at the moment i have solved your problem.

most of you i had noticed you were running AVG, so i went with my friends virus protection program, MSE and i now run perfectly i have gone from 1000+ ping and 100000 constant desync, rubberbanding and jumping to smooth 17 ping and 0 desync on the same server. 

MSE is completely free and far more efficient than AVG anyway

Alright my friends and fellow DayZers

to anyone having Battleye issues at the moment i have solved your problem.

most of you i had noticed you were running AVG, so i went with my friends virus protection program, MSE and i now run perfectly i have gone from 1000+ ping and 100000 constant desync, rubberbanding and jumping to smooth 17 ping and 0 desync on the same server. 

MSE is completely free and far more efficient than AVG anyway

I'm sorry for bursting your bubble ( ;)), but desync and anti-virus software are not related in any way. This is most likely just coincidence and you will soon have ping and desync problems on the same or other servers again.

Note that stuttering/freezing (i.e. impact on performance/FPS) is a separate issue altogether.

Edited by BEdev-Sable

I don't have this issue in DayZ, but had it in another game. I fixed it there by doing a manual update of the BE client. Try here for download (from official BE support site): http://www.battleye.com/download.html.

Top item is DayZ.

Dump the download into your DayZ BattlEye folder. Should be somewhere like: ~Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\Battleye

PS: Report back if it helps and I'll do a proper write up.

Edited by DJPorterNZ

I have this issue currently, i've just purchased this game, game works perfectly with BE disabled servers, but on normal servers it runs like crap! tried a few things on here, still not resolved, hopefully i get emailed if anyone ever finds a fix on here so i can play this game.

This may not work for other people, but it solved my friends issue. He was having really bad Desync problems and it all came down to a ammo box in his bag. As soon as he dropped the ammo box he had, the desync vanished. So, check your bagpacks for health kits or anything you can store something in and maybe drop it. Sorry in advance if it doesn't work and you loose ammo or whatever. Hope this helps, Good luck!

Ok, so I am jumping on the bandwagon here (maybe someone will solve it or we can work it out together).  I am having the same problem.  Run off two different machines ( desktop and Laptop ) and only my desktop has the issue.  I have not pained for about a month on my desktop and jumped on today and have the 'stutter' issue.  

I wish I had a better term for it, because its not a typical micro stutter like days of old with my crossfire 6870's and BF3 :) ... that was annoying .... this is just flat out not playable. It's not typical Dayz lag, and its not an actual fps issue and my fps is fine if I am standing still.

So the system WAS running fine, so as suggested my vote is for the update with Battleye.  I cant seem to find not BE servers to test yet though.

Laptop :  i7 (some mobi one), 8gig, Nvidia 640M (Win8 64) - no stutter (but only 22 fps )

Desktop : i7, 2600k (no OC), 16 gig, ATI 7970 (Win7 64) -    stutter but normally buckets of fps - or 30+ with triple screen.

So its not an AMD processor thing.  Both systems run the same sec software, and I have tried disabling on the desktop so it's not the AV software.  I was putting my money on an ATI driver issue but others here with nVidia.

So I read that BE are saying 'not us' and pointing to hive, full servers etc etc. but I'm not sure I believe that.  I was logging onto AU servers with 4 people on them.  Regular and Hardcore - different hives...  and the hardcore are certainly not under stress.  I thought it might be to do with world positioning, but I DO get the effect ( but less ) if I am standing still looking around.

I checked and both machine have BE 1.206 so its not a version problem,  

Eyfinity (3 screens) - Same issue , check if the stutter is there in the Rift etc. and then try the experimental build (after overnight download) and will report back.

Other Notes:  

• Ping to servers tested all under 50
  • I am not carrying an ammo box,
  • happens on both regular and hardcore server (diff characters/equipment) 
  • game load (and environment load in) on desktop which has the stutter is much slower, and respawn take for ever.  Lappy is pretty quick
  • Interesting : when playing on 3 screens on the desktop, memory usage maxed out at just over 800mb - on a single screen over 1.3gb.  I've never looked at that side of things before just through I would mention it.  Seems there might be some variance in memory usage.  Will report back on what the laptop is using.

Here's hoping I am not stuck playing on my lappy at 20 fps for the next month :(  

********************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE - FIXED: ( For now at least, but we are talking about BE : )

So... I updated to the experimental version to see if that made a difference, could not find any servers with a ping under 5 min :)  and then reverted back to the standard version... and... problem gone! 

Im guessing something went wrong somewhere in the update process (my guess related to BE), and forcing it to experimental and back again fixed it! Yaaa... Also to note, now that it is fixed, the BE connection text does not show my client ID anymore!

Its 20 min of downloading patches but worth it.. I hope it helps someone else...

Edited by status101

i just purchased early access and unfortunately haven't been able to play yet due to this exact issue, all mentioned fixes listed here and elswhere seem to be futile lol. specs are

i5-3470 @ 3.2
Radeon HD 7770
8gb DDR3
windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

any ideas would be very helpful.

Bump.

Skip to 3:32 if you want to skip my talky intro and see exactly what the problem is, however I do try to cover a few bases.

I figure since I had recorded this that I might as well make a video and post it here. It's a crap little vid but it shows exactly what I, and what sounds like many people, have been going through since February 7th. I noticed that there weren't any visual representations of what my problem was, so I'm hoping that I didn't miss the mark like I claimed in my video by assuming this is the exact problem in question.

I couldn't find a non-BattlEye server for the life of me but I shouldn't have to, especially when I've had a great framerate on the regular protected servers randomly throughout the duration of this issue. My verdict is that I'm pretty sure it's caused by certain textures of gear causing some kind of leak. My buddy playing with me logged out and he had literally all of the gear that various people have said were possibly causing the problem and the game clicked to an instantly better state. When he logged back in, it was shit again.

-Edits: spelling.

-Edit: My friend is testing it right this moment and despite wearing TTsKOs still, he claims the game is running at top speed for him. There's a possibility that it's other pieces of clothing, if it's any clothing at all that was causing a possible leak, but...

I really want to send it home that this is unverified and just total speculation, and I'm totally aware of that- but this is all I could possibly do to help troubleshoot the issue. Edited by UncleStalin_21

I get this issue, can't play because of it. Tried these "solutions" and nothing has worked. It's a damn shame.

I get it no matter what server I play on.