Sign in to follow this  
jpenk1990@msn.com

Suggestions for Alpha and Beta Dayz SA.

Hello guys, i have a few suggestions regarding new upcoming content and improvements in the Alpha of Dayz, i hope most of you agree and push it forward, thanks.

First suggestion is: Making sure all houses have a chance of loot

Reason: For us gamers who play Dayz SA a lot we have noticed that certain buildings are guranteed not to have loot, to make the chances to stumble upon loot more random can we rectify a few types of houses to spawn loot.

Why: Makes the chances of looting more broad than narrowing down to a few houses where you can guarantee loot will be and won't be.

Second Suggestion is: New signals to help aid teamplay

Reason: For people without communications, hand signals is the only way to help aid teamplay along with written communications, maybe bring a few hand signals out i.e forward motion, halt, ''i see someone'' etc

Why: Makes it easier for squad team play and aids people without communication.

Third Suggestion is: Prevention to combat loggers - Internal Cooldown timer on the amount of servers you can switch in 5 minutes (Max 2) ?

Reason: I'm sure everyone has came across a combat logger and felt disheartened when he logged, to prevent this can we not set a timer cap on the amount of servers he can join?

Why: Makes people engage in full fights and not to gain loot and just log of.

Fourth Suggestion is: New melee weapon -  Sledgehammer

Reason: I know people love to weild a good sledgehammer, although heavy and not versitile, i'm sure the weapon could hit hard and make for a fun encounter.

Why: Adding a new fun Sledgehammer to the game would make more fun encounters without guns and make more of an experience to the game.

Fifth Suggestion is: Adding Statistics and Acheivements tab to make people work more towards the PVE aspect of zombies and making people along with PVP more working towards the aims of the game.

Reason: Having stats which you can pull like, Kills/ Deaths, Zombies killed, Distance travelled can make the users interact more with the game itself.

Why: Makes the users interact more with the in-game features.

Sixth Suggestion: Disable Zombie Agro upon spawn until 3 seconds

Reason: Dying before you even get chance to get on to your interface is a problem that doesn't need anymore explanation 

Why:Just a pointless part of the game which spoils peoples experiences.

Seventh Suggestion: Unique Seasonal Change (i.e Wind/ Snow/ Sun/ Rain)

Reason: Adds a whole new element to the game which COULD affect your player based on the weather.

Why: Adds a whole new element to the game with realism.

Eighth Suggestion: Blindfire around the corner (Accuracy Diminished)

Reason: Makes combat fights last longer and therefore having a  better gaming experience. Although i think this should be limited to 1st person only for obvious reasons.

Why: Gives more player to player combat interactions. 

Ninth Suggestion: Adding an interactive element to the east coast to prevent suiciding for better spawns. 

Reason: Too many people suiciding to gain a better spawn to head west along the south coast past elektro and cherno. Maybe adding a Unique building or point of interest along the east coast will balance out the game.

Why: Prevent suiciding.

Note: Could the point of interest be a golf course added to the map? a shooting range? a stadium of some sorts? a multistory build of some sorts? a shopping mall would be my best bet, imagine the amount of user ineraction. (Shopping mall in eastern europe to a certain extent of course)

A lot of this stuff will be addressed in due time, as stated by Rocket and others.

We're currently in the alpha stage, which means the only aim of this round of testing, if finding bugs and exploits, and seeing if the code works.

Being playable is a secondary concern.

The east will be fleshed out, houses will all have a chance at loot, loot will be on a respawn timer, not server reset timer, and so on.

I like the anti aggro mechanic, but I suspect it wont be an issue once the kinks of server stability have been ironed out.
Still... Nothing quite as heart pounding, as popping up in Novy Sobor, only to instantly aggro 4 Z's, kite them into a field, and take them out with your fists, meaning you start this round badly damaged, bleeding and praying you can still manage to tear your shirt and use it, before you pass out.

Sometimes, adrenaline is a good thing ;)

That was my last start, and I care more about this char than any others. So far, he's been unlucky as fuck and had to really fight every step of the way. I care all the more about staying alive, because I didn't just have some easy start. 

Reason: Makes combat fights last longer and therefore having a  better gaming experience. Although i think this should be limited to 1st person only for obvious reasons.

Why: Gives more player to player combat interactions. 

Most of those suggestions were pretty solid ideas, but I dislike this one intensely, and have argued against it every time it's been suggested. Why? Because it's essentially useless.

A) there's currently no 'stick to wall' mechanic, so such a thing can't really be done anyway without adding one, something which is going to offer next to no benefit, and likely be a lot of work.

B) There's already a lean feature.

C) It would be good for nothing more than burning ammo. At anything above point-blank range, your chances of hitting anything are about the same as your chances of finding the crew of the Mary Celeste partying with Elvis. Any sensible player is just going to stand there while you waste all your ammo and then walk in and shoot your freshly-out-of-ammo ass.

D) The absolute last thing DayZ needs right now is 'more player to player combat interactions'.

• Like 1

A lot of this stuff will be addressed in due time, as stated by Rocket and others.

We're currently in the alpha stage, which means the only aim of this round of testing, if finding bugs and exploits, and seeing if the code works.

Being playable is a secondary concern.

The east will be fleshed out, houses will all have a chance at loot, loot will be on a respawn timer, not server reset timer, and so on.

I like the anti aggro mechanic, but I suspect it wont be an issue once the kinks of server stability have been ironed out.

Still... Nothing quite as heart pounding, as popping up in Novy Sobor, only to instantly aggro 4 Z's, kite them into a field, and take them out with your fists, meaning you start this round badly damaged, bleeding and praying you can still manage to tear your shirt and use it, before you pass out.

Sometimes, adrenaline is a good thing ;)

That was my last start, and I care more about this char than any others. So far, he's been unlucky as fuck and had to really fight every step of the way. I care all the more about staying alive, because I didn't just have some easy start. 

This is a suggestions page, i know it's Alpha, you don't need to remind me.  ;)

First suggestion is: Making sure all houses have a chance of loot

Agreed. I think it's silly that you know to bypass some buildings as they don't spawn loot.

Second Suggestion is: New signals to help aid teamplay

I can't see these being useful TBH. Most people use 3rd party VOIP programs anyway.

Third Suggestion is: Prevention to combat loggers - Internal Cooldown timer on the amount of servers you can switch in 5 minutes (Max 2) ?

This wouldn't prevent combat logging. A timer will be added to the logout button at some point to make it more difficult to quit out of a gunfight.

Fourth Suggestion is: New melee weapon -  Sledgehammer

A sledgehammer is too heavy to be practical for carrying over long distanced IMO. I'm sure we will see some more melee weapons as time goes on though...

Fifth Suggestion is: Adding Statistics and Acheivements tab to make people work more towards the PVE aspect of zombies and making people along with PVP more working towards the aims of the game.

Stats would just encourage PvP IMO. DayZ is not a game that should be played to "win", it should be played solely for the survival experience.

Sixth Suggestion: Disable Zombie Agro upon spawn until 3 seconds

Don't log out near zombies? :S

Seventh Suggestion: Unique Seasonal Change (i.e Wind/ Snow/ Sun/ Rain)

Rocket says that this is impossible without recreating the map from scratch, although I'm unsure why exactly.

Not sure if it's possible within the engine but I don't really see any reason against it, although it seems like a silly idea in a game where ammo is scarce.
Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

Not sure if it's possible within the engine but I don't really see any reason against it, although it seems like a silly idea in a game where ammo is scarce.

I'm not sure exactly how much was removed in this engine build compared to ArmA 2; but this should be possible judging from SMK Animations from ArmA 2.

• Like 1