Sign in to follow this  
DVnity

Re spawned on connecting to server (after logging out alive) and body nowhere to be found?

Hi,

Early today I was in Balota running to a building when I got a yellow connection, then got kicked from the server. I attempted to reconnect but a black screen with 'Waiting for host..' was the only thing that would appear. I waited for a minute, maybe less, and decided to exit and try connecting. On the same server I attempted to connect again and when I joined I was no longer in Balota with all my gear. I had respawned, lost all my gear and was somewhere far up the coast. I have no idea how I could have possibly died. I was alive when I logged out. I decided to go back to Balota and get my stuff back. I ran all the way back, but when I arrive my body is nowhere to be found. I searched within a very large radius from where I logged out. My guns, equipment, everything is now gone.

I'm curious as to whether this is a common bug. Is there any way I can prevent it from happening again, as it littlerally happened 5 minutes after I found a M4A1, for the first time.

Also I'm 100% certain, I went back to the same server. I even made sure of this by going on all the servers in my 'recent' list. I also got there around 15 mins after the supposed 'death' so the server had not restarted.

Unfortunately the database is struggling to keep up with player updates (or something like that) and if you connect really fast after a disconnect, be it of your own choice or getting kicked off the server the your data is not yet located and processed so it thinks you're a fresh spawn and the character is lost. It's happened to me a few times and there are a lot of threads on the subject up and running just now. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do now but start gearing up again I'm afraid. The only consolation you can get is the fact that you're not alone and it's happened to a lot of people. Hopefully this is sorted soon.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the database is struggling to keep up with player updates (or something like that) and if you connect really fast after a disconnect, be it of your own choice or getting kicked off the server the your data is not yet located and processed so it thinks you're a fresh spawn and the character is lost. It's happened to me a few times and there are a lot of threads on the subject up and running just now. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do now but start gearing up again I'm afraid. The only consolation you can get is the fact that you're not alone and it's happened to a lot of people. Hopefully this is sorted soon.

Ah dam it! So I should wait a little while before connecting again? If only I knew that, they should really put that up somewhere to make it easier for new players. I didn't even get to fire my first gun :( Despite having heaps and heaps of ammo for it.. Ah well.

This happens sometimes, I reckon the best solution is just to wait a minute or two after disconnecting to wait for the server to save your character data.