Sign in to follow this  
inafinus

Beef Jerky

Just to bring more variety to the amount of non-perishable foods... Yum!

(Well, it's not non-perishable but it lasts for a pretty long time) 

I'd like to see this as an option when hunting gets implemented. Turning your fresh meat into jerky would prolong its lifespan, but it would make you thirsty. Alternatively, if you grill up your beef, it's juicy and delicious, but it goes rancid very quickly.

• Like 1

I'd like to see this as an option when hunting gets implemented. Turning your fresh meat into jerky would prolong its lifespan, but it would make you thirsty. Alternatively, if you grill up your beef, it's juicy and delicious, but it goes rancid very quickly.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes!

This is a good idea, an improvised smoking house would make quite a bit of smoke as well, so you'd have to make sure you're away from most other men when you do it, I like it, risk reward.

I'm saying smoking since drying takes a ridiculously long time, and I'm not even sure it's possible in chernaurs' climate, without the use of very specialized and large probably electrical equipment.