Sign in to follow this  
ripzeus

Desync is getting really out of hand now.

Evening everyone,

I know this has been said many many times, and the fixes have been said many many times, but these desyncs are getting way out of hand.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=4507

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160785-desync-when-in-the-same-area-as-a-steam-friend/

My buddies and I have gone through each others inventory over and over to make sure no one has containers within each other. We have played without fail for long periods of time. Recently I have been desyncing randomly after a period of time with my buddies on.

This seems to be a new desync and so far we can't find anything that is causing it. This also ends my night of playing.

It could be caused by Internet connection, maybe your cpu is bad or you could just change server and see what happens....

vote up the issue in the bug tracker to communicate the gravity of the issue to the devs

It might be Battle eye??? That seems to be when the issue arouse. The hard desyncing seems to happen when someone is joining for me and my friends. After someone finishes joining, the server stabilizes.

Only solution i can think of right now is join low pop servers with little traffic. 

It could be caused by Internet connection, maybe your cpu is bad or you could just change server and see what happens....

http://valid.canardpc.com/kl1h5e

Net connection is 100 meg pipe and every server causes this that we log into.

It might be Battle eye??? That seems to be when the issue arouse. The hard desyncing seems to happen when someone is joining for me and my friends. After someone finishes joining, the server stabilizes.

Only solution i can think of right now is join low pop servers with little traffic. 

Thing is, I am the "only" one that is currently effected by this issue.

Restart cpu maybe you got some cookies from nasty sites lol

ROFL!

Sorry sir, I've been a Network Admin and avid overclocking enthusiasts for the last 20 years :D 

Another new desync issue.

We have tried being completely naked and moving from one server to another, and we will still desync.

I effect one of my buddies, one of my buddies effect me, and others can move without problem.

We have over and over again tested about 50 servers, all are the same result, it doesn't matter if it's low pop, high pop, or no one on.

Also, we have tested that being solo on a server has no effects on us at all.

The ONLY thing that we all have in common, is that we are on each others Steam Friends list.

I lagged out/got desynced earlier today at NW airfield. It took a good 30-40 seconds of wondering why nothing was working (doors not opening etc.), then it caught up again and I found myself being pummeled to death by 3 zombies :D That was the first time I've had this kind of thing happen in DayZ. I chalked it up to be a lag spike, but seems that other people have been experiencing similar things.

Mine was a single occurrence though, played about an hour after that with no major issues.

Also watched SergeantMerrell have some serious desync/rubber banding problems earlier when he was streaming (he had to end the stream because of it). 

Edited by Badass Preacher

Do you use a wireless router to play? Since I switched to a wired connection (from a Wireless connection), I haven't had these problems anymore. Even though your Ping tests, Tracert tests, etc seem to run fine, for some reason (even if you DMZ/port forward & turn your routers firewall off) Wireless doesn't work proper with this game. It's the only game I've ever had issues with.