Sign in to follow this  
Vanillason

Addon sync

I think you guys should make an addon sync for the downloads it would make our lives more easy i am having a problem along with some other people with there ISP so we can not download the addons from mediafire as it would say domain not found and we would have to get it from a freind if they would even spend their time uploading it.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. It's not a hard thing to do and would safe quite a few people some grief.

(Especially for those who are not as technically-versed for the installation phase.)

That will only put more stress on the server.

You should definitely write a letter to your ISP/Political representative, though...censoring the internet is just wrong

As of July 1st , the large majority of US ISPs who provide ISP services to the vast majority of US internet users will permanently block websites like Mediafire.com

Already, a large number of US ISPs have started blocking mediafire.com and other similar websites, including Comcast, one of the largest in the US. Information from websites like mediafire are now easier to access from inside Iran's firewall than inside Comcast's network of DNS servers

News article on the imminent fascist regime:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-57397452-261/riaa-chief-isps-to-start-policing-copyright-by-july-1/

Not trying to get political :) , I'd just like to have an instantaneous official mirror with update files so I don't have to reupload it and wait for friends to d/l before we can rejoin servers after patches.

We did have a launcher, the only problem was that when we release a large amount of updates in a very short space of time (all the time basically) then the launcher would lag behind and we would just get emails complaining about the servers not letting their "fully patched" install connect.

I appreciate the growing pains,

I just suggest you choose a second (and third) website similar to mediafire.com to host files, preferably one NOT based in the Anglophone world, because at the US ISPs , the IT staff in charge of creating these blacklists have not added non-English language and non-Spanish language cloud storage websites to the blacklists yet.

I appreciate the growing pains' date='

I just suggest you choose a second (and third) website similar to mediafire.com to host files, preferably one NOT based in the Anglophone world, because at the US ISPs , the IT staff in charge of creating these blacklists have not added non-English language and non-Spanish language cloud storage websites to the blacklists yet.

[/quote']

How do i use another website similar to mediafire.com or what i should ask is how do i do that so i am not using mediafire i have not had a problem with mediafire and would prefer that but lately it has been a dick.

Edit: for some reason my mediafire is working and does not say domain not found so i am able to get the addons

Hi guys, if you follow the download link at the main page, you'll realize that it now points to http://armafiles.info/dayz/

Preferably people will download from MediaFire, but if that doesn't work, you're more than welcome to get your dayZ fix from the mirrors.