Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Focus on the survival aspect AKA stop asking for guns

Yes, more guns, vehicles, or places to go would be nice, but the development team should really focus on strengthening the core element of the game before adding in all the other fun add-ons. There should be more types of tools, food, drinks, gear, backpacks, medical gear, and animals for hunting. Am I offering specifics or demanding that they add these or I won't be satisfied? No. My suggestion is that the devs really refine the staying alive part of the game to where they feel completely satisfied with it. This includes fixing the zombies to move in hordes/organically, something they've always strive to complete. Because this IS a zombie apocalypse simulator, the zombies should be the main focus. They should be a massive threat and large numbers of them should be avoided instead of run away from when running through the middle of town. Once they've achieved that, they can start adding more maps, vehicles, guns, loot spawns. 

This is also directly related to the hundreds of posts saying "X gun NEEDS to be in the game". If they only keep the M4, Mosin Nagant, and two pistols, and just add multiple attachments for the guns, I'd be perfectly fine with that. The gun wouldn't be your goal, the goal would be finding that one piece of the gun that makes it become exactly what you're going to use it for. The game would come down to the question of what you will be using the gun for, when given the choice between the two, and hoping you picked the right one.

Less guns, more household items.

• Like 2

1.hunting system requires making food very rare since nobody will want to hunt if they can just get inside random building and pick up 3 cans of food and 2 sodas in 5 secs.

2.game needs shitloads of guns, so people will always have something different, but make the guns very rare, put more melee weapons. Otherwise the game will get boring very fast

3.the game needs tons of item of all kinds, survival items, guns, clothing items, everything.

Edited by Gdaddy22

Yes, more guns, vehicles, or places to go would be nice, but the development team should really focus on strengthening the core element of the game before adding in all the other fun add-ons.

With respect, combat and travel & exploration are just as much "core elements" of the game as the survival mechanics. I don't think you can just separate them. A huge part of the survival mechanics in the game is the ability to survive the weapons and armaments that other players are going to throw at you.

So, I think these things need to be developed in tandem, not one neglected in favor of the other.

Especially since adding new guns uses existing systems and can probably be done largely by designers and artists at this point.

Whereas adding completely new features like hunting, fishing, etc. would require development in addition to content creation.

We do agree that zombies need to be fixed ASAP though.

Guns and items, tools, clothing, supplies ect. are extremely important in a game like this equally, we need lots of them all.

If they decided to put alot of content in this game along with realism and some "polish", refining of the interface, good combat/weapon animations, good sound effects, smooth movement ect. this game will be the most epic video game creation to date.

Something that will take a very long time to both produce and get tired of playing.

If they go balls to the wall and really make this game shine I'd pay for it over again and then some. They should strive to make this game the grand turismo of weapons, loot and realism.

Thats what gamers want and are really hungry for because it has yet to exist.

Edited by Tyockell18

They have different people working on different stuff. Basically, you want the modelers to code animals?

From what i've heard they have a sound guy, gun/weapon team/guy, ect. Might be wrong though.