Sign in to follow this  
DaGolem

Poll: Movement

movement  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is the movement to slow uphills & stairs?

• yes, it feels unnatural that the character is moving so slow
    • no, i like the movement speed on uphills & upstairs

In my eyes the movement of the character is much to slow if he walks uphills and stairs.

It feels so abruptly, if you run or walk and then you move up a little hill and the movement breaks extremly unnaturaly down to stroll.

How it feels for you?

Edited by DaGolem

If you could change it to unnatural instead of not natural.

Edit: No longer an issue.

Edited by AP_Norris

Annoying but i know that it is how it works in real life.

How about you go and try run up a hill with a full pack and a 2x4 to simulate a rifle. It is extremely hard for no benefit.

• Like 1

Annoying but i know that it is how it works in real life.

How about you go and try run up a hill with a full pack and a 2x4 to simulate a rifle. It is extremely hard for no benefit.

Yes, but you don't stand right up.

You lean forward and power up that hill, not stand str8 and idly walk the major point in this is that it is unnatural.

A slope running animation is what is needed in my opinion with progressive slowing, not instant.

I think having slower movement up stairs and hills adds more realism.  You aren't going to run up a hill or up stairs at the same speed that you can in an open field.  Go try it yourself.

Yes, but you don't stand right up.

You lean forward and power up that hill, not stand str8 and idly walk the major point in this is that it is unnatural.

A slope running animation is what is needed in my opinion with progressive slowing, not instant.

Even leaning so much that i'm almost lying down i'm still walking up a massive hill.

I think having slower movement up stairs and hills adds more realism.  You aren't going to run up a hill or up stairs at the same speed that you can in an open field.  Go try it yourself.

But, can you not run up stairs?

Can you not run up hills.

I think you should be able to run on stairs, but not steep hills. A different animation for steep hill climbing would be nice.

• Like 1

The transition is abrupt, but the speed is fine.

• Like 1

In my eyes the movement of the character is much to slow if he walks uphills and stairs.

It feels so abruptly, if you run or walk and then you move up a little hill and the movement breaks extremly unnaturaly down to stroll.

How it feels for you?

Look down at your feet the next time you walk up or down some stairs in DayZ. Notice how your guy takes 4-5 steps at a time. He moves ridiculously fast when going down stairs. As for hills, I should be able to run up hills, but it should consume energy faster.