Sign in to follow this  
nightelf

Zombies and Nature

Nature improved: *Snow-Would slow down the player and the player would need to eat more during that time.

*Rain-Makes driving extremely harder

Animals: *Horses-There are randomly spawned horses in the woods and they can be ridden with a saddle(The horse must also be fed) 

*Dogs-The player has to feed the dog to make it tamed also when a player or a zombie is near the dog barks and warns the player.

-Edited- Dog has a health 

You can give the dog commands to : Follow you

Sit down

Attack nearby enemies 

Alarm the player when zombies or another player is nearby (only specific player can hear it /clan/)

Zombies:The zombies are really bad in the game...When I play I can't even find a zombie and when I do they don't attack me even tho I'm close to them

-Edited-Maybe zombies should be spawned in hordes  and the player should try to avoid them instead of attacking them.

Post your ideas in the comments!

Edited by nightelf
  • Like 1

Zombies are only a placeholder right now,they will be changed a lot.

And i don't know,would i have to feed horses? Don#t they eat grass? I am not familiar with horses some info would be nice.

I would also expand on the idea with the dogs. There are many threads about adding punishments for bandits because of KoS,but they are usually just plain bad and artificial,puish one playstyle and would hurt the game.

My idea would be this: Every player has a hidden karma(don't flame,go on reading) that has no effect on the player,no shaking no heartbeat,nothing.

But if the player tames a dog,the dog would react to this karma.If a player tames the dog,the dog would react to other players.If the other player has positive karma he waves with his tail,if he has neutral karma he just alerts his owner, but if the player has negative karma he would bark and growl,and if the other player comes to near or draws a weapon the dog attacks.

I would also give the option to tell the dog to be completely quiet so he does nothing,and if you have the dog for a longer time(meaning more bonding and training) he could earn a stance that alerts you of other players but still keeps quiet.

Also,if bases are added,they could guard the base and search for enemys

Why do i think this wouldn't break immersion? Because dogs know if other people mean trouble,and i speak out of real life experience there.

The disadvantages would be that the dog would need food of course needs to be found and tamed first. And i am very sure there are a lot of bndits that would just hunt the pets of other people.

Last but not least we would need an item or command to tell the dog that certain players are ok and don't need any attention,like your friends or people that are friendly.

Snow and rain would be great ideas. Horses would be pretty cool, as long as they are rare. Dogs, I have to disagree on. If a player is near, you wouldn't always want a dog to bark and advertise your position, or even a zombie (the bark might attract its attention).

Zombies, yes, are very, very inactive. There should also be a much greater number of them, and possibly even hordes of zombies that roam around, so you may have to hide in cover and wait for them to pass instead of sprinting past them.

With weather I believe there either is or will be an effect from rain. Which is to lower you body temperature potentially making you ill.

So having more weather types would be great but would take time to implement if they do as some, such as snow, are more visually complex than rain.

Animals and hunting are in development based on developer logs. The idea of rideable animals such as horses would be pretty cool.

With the idea of dogs it might be better if they growl rather than bark as a bark would draw attention and perhaps you need to keep feeding them but intern they can help you locate items that have a distinct sent such as food, water and medicine.

Zombies are currently an altered version of the old system from the mod and based on developer logs they intend to redo this entirely, as it has restrictions and is not as efficient as they would like.

Snow and rain would be great ideas. Horses would be pretty cool, as long as they are rare. Dogs, I have to disagree on. If a player is near, you wouldn't always want a dog to bark and advertise your position, or even a zombie (the bark might attract its attention).

Zombies, yes, are very, very inactive. There should also be a much greater number of them, and possibly even hordes of zombies that roam around, so you may have to hide in cover and wait for them to pass instead of sprinting past them.

Thats why i said ther would be an option to shut the dog up.

My idea would be this: Every player has a hidden karma(don't flame,go on reading) that has no effect on the player,no shaking no heartbeat,nothing.

But if the player tames a dog,the dog would react to this karma.If a player tames the dog,the dog would react to other players.If the other player has positive karma he waves with his tail,if he has neutral karma he just alerts his owner, but if the player has negative karma he would bark and growl,and if the other player comes to near or draws a weapon the dog attacks.

I would also give the option to tell the dog to be completely quiet so he does nothing,and if you have the dog for a longer time(meaning more bonding and training) he could earn a stance that alerts you of other players but still keeps quiet.

Also,if bases are added,they could guard the base and search for enemys

Why do i think this wouldn't break immersion? Because dogs know if other people mean trouble,and i speak out of real life experience there.

Personally don't like the idea of arbitrary stats that RPGs tend to have that are like the karma system that you have.

Reason being that dogs generally just react badly to strangers and not just bad people. Additionally some people are unaffected by violence so punishing all with negative effects that others have suggested doesn't include the variety that we have in reality.

I not a fan however of the current amount of KOS. But this will likely decline to only the most hateful players once zombies become fully implemented. This will happen especially if zombies end up being more of a threat than the players (something that unfortunately never happened in the mod). This will lead to more player cooperation and tolerance to focus on the real threat of the zombies.  

Personally don't like the idea of arbitrary stats that RPGs tend to have that are like the karma system that you have.

Reason being that dogs generally just react badly to strangers and not just bad people. Additionally some people are unaffected by violence so punishing all with negative effects that others have suggested doesn't include the variety that we have in reality.

I not a fan however of the current amount of KOS. But this will likely decline to only the most hateful players once zombies become fully implemented. This will happen especially if zombies end up being more of a threat than the players (something that unfortunately never happened in the mod). This will lead to more player cooperation and tolerance to focus on the real threat of the zombies.  

MY dog once becam pretty mad at my grandma because she was very upset and tried to disrupt the family-harmony.He usually loves her and all other people.

MY dog once became pretty mad at my grandma because she was very upset and tried to disrupt the family-harmony.He usually loves her and all other people.

Exactly they interpret the current state of people and can't tell what they have done in the past. Someone might be crazy and then be friendly to the dog and reality it should be non the wiser.

Or in your case they might be nice and then have an off day and then the dog considers them a threat regardless of their usually kind nature.

I edited dog abilities

Exactly they interpret the current state of people and can't tell what they have done in the past. Someone might be crazy and then be friendly to the dog and reality it should be non the wiser.

Or in your case they might be nice and then have an off day and then the dog considers them a threat regardless of their usually kind nature.

Actually, if you mistreat a dog, it will remember and try to avoid you or become aggressive. Dogs can be pretty smart and more humane than some humans.

Actually, if you mistreat a dog, it will remember and try to avoid you or become aggressive. Dogs can be pretty smart and more humane than some humans.

If a dog is in an post apocalyptic world of DayZ it would most likely be an aggressive dog who hasn't eaten in a long time and would try to eat you..

Edited by nightelf