Sign in to follow this  
terox

Personal, buried ammo box

Ability for a player to have their own ammo crate, which they can bury / hide

This ability could be given to them by allowing them to find an item, which when put down would convert into a weapons crate which has an action to "Bury" and then alternatively to "Dig up" which would simply run code such as

_crate setpos [getpos _crate select 0, getpos _crate select 1, -0.5];

A player that happens to walk above the crate would get a flash of the "Gear" action Icon or the "Dig Up" action and could then loot the crate, thus not making the crate completely unlootable but allowing a player to stash his loot.

Ideally this would be synched to all servers or when the dedicated servers have their own database, then only locally on that server

That's called a tent, which is currently available in the mod. It's local to the server and isn't really "personal" however.

I don't think rocket want to add private storages tho...

That's called a tent' date=' which is currently available in the mod. It's local to the server and isn't really "personal" however.

[/quote']

The tent is too obvious making it almost unuseable, even moreso especially when servers are being rebooted at the rate they are.

Ammoboxes are not personal, their content is lootable and other players can find them.

As in real life weapons caches can be buried. Its just a better way imo than a tent, which I personally don't use because if the reasons given above

That's called a tent' date=' which is currently available in the mod. It's local to the server and isn't really "personal" however.

[/quote']

The tent is too obvious making it almost unuseable, even moreso especially when servers are being rebooted at the rate they are.

Ammoboxes are not personal, their content is lootable and other players can find them.

As in real life weapons caches can be buried. Its just a better way imo than a tent, which I personally don't use because if the reasons given above

There is a ton of places perfect to hide a tent, they are obvious ebcause if you're in the general viscinity of one , you shouldn't have to go pixel hunting.

200square kilometers and you can't hide a 1 meter tall camo tent?