Sign in to follow this  
A-poc

Will Dropped loot stay?

Say I stashed my backpack in a house then went to go loot a nearby town, would my pack still be there when i get back? If so, for how long?

I would have thought that it would be there until the server is restarted but due to the changes made in a recent patch that cause bodies to despawn after a while I'm not so sure.

Tell me where it is and I'll come and guard it ;)

As I Understand it, servers respawn anything that is not on you every 4 hours. So that's your window. Not sure how you know when a server is due to reset thou.

Not sure how you know when a server is due to reset thou.

You don't until you lose connection.

• Like 1

You don't until you lose connection.

Cheers matey,

Ahhh... So this will generally account for the so called 'red chain of death' then? And if I wanted to get back onto the same server, would I need to have it already saved in my Favs? I tried the History Tab but it looked a bit skewed from reality.

Cheers matey,

Ahhh... So this will generally account for the so called 'red chain of death' then? And if I wanted to get back onto the same server, would I need to have it already saved in my Favs? I tried the History Tab but it looked a bit skewed from reality.

Sometimes you'll desync (red chain) without the server actually going down, if you more or less instantly switch to the 'no data recieved for x seconds' then the server has restarted.

I'm not sure if the history tab actually works or not at this time.

I'd just try and remember the name of the server, e.g. GB 1-27, or whichever you happened to choose.

Edited by Mos1ey

Say I stashed my backpack in a house then went to go loot a nearby town, would my pack still be there when i get back? If so, for how long?

Regardless, of whether the server restarts or not due to bugs at the moment when you drop something there's a chance for it to not show up until about a minute later, for the item to drop but clip into some game geometry and be impossible to pick back up or for it to just disappear altogether.  Always a gamble. 

Quoting myself from another thread:

If you open up the file 'Documents\DayZ - Other Profiles\<Profile Name>\<Profile Name>.DayZProfile' and search down near the bottom of the file for the lines:

lastMPServer="119.252.191.191:2602";
lastMPServerName="DayZ Standalone Hosted by LasR Gaming (Public/3PP:ON) 114008";

That's the info you're looking for. These lines are updated when you join a server.

• Like 1

Dropped it, came back an 1 hour later and it was all there. It was a gamble for sure though, I fell through a wall and couldn't get out for 15 minutes. The only reason why i came back so early was because I started to notice a bunch of disconnects. I don't think I will try it again until the game is more stable.

i was actually wondering about thismyself good to get the info =)
Yes game is very buggy at moment ive had a few messages saying no messages recieved

Regardless, of whether the server restarts or not due to bugs at the moment when you drop something there's a chance for it to not show up until about a minute later, for the item to drop but clip into some game geometry and be impossible to pick back up or for it to just disappear altogether.  Always a gamble. 

I had this happen to me last night. Dropped my Mosin on the ground to eat, I was also carrying an M4. Finished eating and could not pick up my Mosin for the life of me. I tried for a good 10 minutes to pick that rifle back up... it had a pristine bipod and a pristine long range scope on it. I was kind of pissed as I walked away from it, but I still had my M4. :)

In my experience items on the ground last for about 30 minutes to an hour, bodies last for maybe 15 minutes at most. Totally anecdotal.

Edited by fig0451