Sign in to follow this  
DevilDog (DayZ)

Modular back packs (think Molle packs)

The MOLLE packs took off with this system and I think it would go great in DayZ. Have 3 different sizes. Each one can hold a different number of items, like in the game now, but then each one can hold a different number of modular pouches as well. The modular pouches attach to the outside of the bag and PALS webbing.

Pouches-

Medical Pouch - Large. Looks and works just like the med kit, but attaches to your bag. Will people trust you more? Or are you a target?

Magazine Pouch (pistol) - Small. Hold 1 pistol mag.

Magazine Pouch (rifle) - Small. Holds 1 rifle mag.

Double Mag Pouch (rifle) - Medium. Holds 2 rifle mag.

Canteen Pouch - Medium. Holds 1 canteen.

Hydration bladder - Large. Holds water (2x canteen)

Small - two inventory spaces

Medium - 4 inventory spaces

Large - 6 inventory spaces

Assault Pack - 20 slots, Holds 1 Large or 1 Med + 1 Small or 2 Small Pouches

Molle-Assault-Pack---Marpat_LRG.jpg

Rucksack - 25 slots, can hold 1 Large + 1 Small or 2 Med or 4 Small

1%20main1.jpg

ILBE Main Pack - 30 Slots. 2 Large or 2 Med 2 small or 8 small

2012110412.37.39.jpg

I am sure the sizes and everything would require some balancing ect, but the basic idea is there. The packs and pouches would all be separate loot items, so getting a complete set how you like it could take some time. IMO the more loot items, the better.

• Like 1

Hehe, I already suggested this in a developer/tester chat - I desperately want this.

The good trade off is that with the MOLLE system you could potentially have a lot more space than some of the other fixed space bags but since they are broken into pouches some items can't fit in like they would on a large single area bag.

Example:

Rifle requires 8 slots (4 horizontal, 2 vertical)

MOLLE capable backpack has 24 base slots (3 horizontal, 8 vertical) and 2 attached pouches (2 horizontal x 2 vertical)
Hiking bag has 20 slots (5 horizontal, 4 vertical)

The hiking bag is smaller overall (20 slots to the 32 on the MOLLE bag) but the way the bag and pouches are laid out the rifle wouldn't fit in the technically more spacious MOLLE bag.

It would make it a more conscious choice as to what equipment you would use for whatever situations (Some bags are smaller and wider, some are bigger more suited for carrying multiple smaller items).

Edited by Rossums

Wicked idea mate :) I'd like the assault vests/webbing etc to have attachable pouches like in real life too. But you should only be able to attach a certain amount of pouches per base item

Edited by Timmymachine109