InflatedLyric

Signed off after restart

A little bit of a (lite), I cannot believe it rant coming.  I was grabbing a few hours of playing time yesterday, before all the kids came home.  Unfortunately in my last 30 minutes of time, the server I was on restarted.  Since, I am not familiar with how long you have to wait to get back on the server after restart, I do not have the patience to figure it out; I may have waited 2 minutes (definitely 1 minute), before trying to get back in and then just logging onto another server.  I decided to make the most of my little play time left and keep running to my original destination, the NE airfield.  I make it there and loot everything (it had been hit before, but no one can clean out a place quite like me).  Just as I am leaving the airfield to find a spot to log at, this new server also begins restarting!  Well, today I am none to thrilled about having to log back in at what I believe was a fairly open area at the NE airfield.  Hopefully, no one shoots.

When a server restarts it restarts instantly at the selected time, when you get the message "No message recived for :000 Seconds" you may exit and go back on the server, when this happens it means the loot has respawned which is a good thing, if your fast enough you can make your way all the way around the Airfield and get your goodies before anyone else loots it then run off =)

BEANZ  = Empty  :emptycan: GIEEF

I seem to have a problem with restarts.  I just had the server I was on today restart.  I ran from NE to NW airfield.  Cleaned the tents and headed to the Northern hangars and admin building I was in the admin building when it restarted, then I couldn't seem to interact with anything (including my inventory) when I logged back in. After trying to loot for a while and not feeling safe without a weapon, I eventually changed servers and realized I had managed to switch my tactical shirt for a camo jacket and lost the items in the shirt, map pieces and compass.  Well, I logged back into the server just to get those pieces and I was staring at some guy.  I figured it would be pretty cheap to KoS since I basically (accidently) server hopped.  So I just logged before he saw me.  Guess my compass and map pieces are gone now.  Almost had the whole map, just needed 1 piece, either N, S, E or NE.

Edit:  I am also aware of why restarts occur.  I am not complaining that they happen, just wish they were less of an inconvenience.  As easy as you suggest it is, I usually cannot continue playing on the same server after restart; when I try to reconnect I get the "restart" error.  Today was the closest I have been to continue playing on the same server and it took a good 10 mins before I gave up and realized I had dropped my Nav. items.

PSS: Today, I was in the middle of clearing up space to loot a stanag when it restarted, and there was other loot in the same building.  It is arguable whether the server needed to be restarted.

Edited by InflatedLyric

I have heard of a bug, that can allow anyone to make themselves 'admin'... making it lucrative to 'restart' the server ay will. I think there should be at least a 30 second warning on 'forced' restarts, and a couple minute notice for scheduled restarts... Sure, 'server restart in 5 minutes' may be 'immersion breaking', but 'no message received...' is way way worse.

• Like 1

Well I've learned something, I thought the no message received' message was due to connection problems to the server. I didn't realise it was because the server was restarting.

Well I've learned something, I thought the no message received' message was due to connection problems to the server. I didn't realise it was because the server was restarting.

Me too...happened yesterday, got mad. As I like that server I was on, tried to connect again after 1-2 minutes and realized those red chain lost connections are server restarts, a whole Berezino with freshly spawned loot was waiting for me. Just thinking about how I changed servers before that gives me headache.

you probably just logged in to a non HIVE server...

If you are on a hive server, then switch to a non hive server and then back to hive or any sequence you may get a whipe.

pay attention to the server names:

DayZ CA-24 - Vilayer.com - GOOD

DayZ UK-9 - MPGS.com - GOOD

Knuzklebuster Day-Z 24/7 3pp - (possibly BAD)

Random name DayZ server - (possibly BAD)

I had these issues before when trying to play on various servers....I only play on vilayer.com, mpgs, frag, gameservers.com and have never had a whipe in weeks.

Edited by deebz1234

you probably just logged in to a non HIVE server...

If you are on a hive server, then switch to a non hive server and then back to hive or any sequence you may get a whipe.

pay attention to the server names:

DayZ CA-24 - Vilayer.com - GOOD

DayZ UK-9 - MPGS.com - GOOD

Knuzklebuster Day-Z 24/7 3pp - (possibly BAD)

Random name DayZ server - (possibly BAD)

I had these issues before when trying to play on various servers....I only play on vilayer.com, mpgs, frag, gameservers.com and have never had a whipe in weeks.

I haven't quite understood the difference between HIVE and non-HIVE servers, can yu or anyone else enlighten me?

-then I couldn't seem to interact with anything (including my inventory) when I logged back in. After trying to loot for a while and not feeling safe without a weapon, I eventually changed servers and realized I had managed to switch my tactical shirt for a camo jacket and lost the items in the shirt, map pieces and compass.-

This is because of lag. You are interacting with stuff, but your screen doesn't show it. So you might have dropped that stuff, although on your screen it was still in your inventory. 

For instance, if i try to pick up some beans, and drag them to my inventory slot, but nothing happens, i just move on. After the lag spike is over, i see that the beans are removed from the shelf, and in my inventory. Just don't try different things over and over, because you may drop/switch a lot of stuff and not notice until the lag spike is over.

If you notice stuff doesnt work, get in a bush and wait (because you also wont see other players moving). Shouldnt be too long before it works again.

Edited by Greaves