Sign in to follow this  
Yliparoni

Character wiped on joining server

So I had my character wiped yesterday and sent to the coast as a fresh spawn despite the fact I did not most certainly die.

Logged out in woods

Logged back in

Only saw light blue on the screen

Changed servers

--> I am now a fresh spawn

Changing servers after this did not change anything. I spawned probably 45 mins of running from my corpse, so no way I could make it there in the 10 min timeframe we have.

I did not see this reported anywhere, so I might as well report it here.

Could it be that some random disconnect lag somehow killed me, and I was spawned on the coast? Or an admin killed me?

Or maybe I joined a private hive, spawning fresh, and the game couldn't handle it?

Any advice on how to avoid this is appreciated, I dont mind dying and losing my gear but random wipes are just... depressing.

I dont think there is a fix for it, allthough i dont know the cause of it. It happens to everyone though. And there are no hyves out yet i think.

Last night one of our guildmates lost his gear the same way and when 4 of us grouped up and made our way towards his location to give him some gear and some guns the server restarted and after rejoining 3 out of the 4 got the 'you are dead message' after loading without any reason (we were near the woods on a dirt road). The 4th noticed are boddies dropping dead, but they were not glitched in tree's or so (which were known to cause insta deaths or leaving u with broken legs when joining in the mod).

Who needs script kiddies when the engine does all the work for them now? :)

Edited by eEND

Hey Scavenger, I had the same problem a few dayz ago. Logged out (fully equiped) at building at Berezino, that was night after logging in, then I tried another server and suddenly spawned as new player at south. I tried to log back to previous server (+ few another servers) - but no luck - everywhere my character was the new one, at the coast.

I think this just ... happens. 

Is it possible, that the reason for this issue is the instability of the hive?

Or it could be the lack of client optimization, which leads to a wrong confirmation of your characterstatus to the hive. 

They currently isn't a fix for this, but i found a way how to avoid it, only join servers which have your country name on it, E.G UK once i joined a US server and it wiped my gear, i joined back to EU and my gear returned, they is a server or location bug. :(