Sign in to follow this  
Mutonizer

Confirmation of Change: Authentification Time Out?

Hey,

I'll describe the situation as it happened. I have no idea if any of this is related to the issue nor am I making ANY accusations. I just list the events as they happened in case it's helpful in identifying the issue.

- Connected to a server yesterday (RedCoat) and played for about 20mins without any issue.

- Noticed a man up on a hill near Elektro snipping about.

- Server admin talked in chat about a man snipping from a hill, asking him to come down. No idea if that was the same guy but admins are quite vocal on that server it seems.

- I sneaked up behind the said sniper and JUST as I was bringing down the axe, he logged out/disconnected (literally 1 second before)

- Moved about 50', found a body, grabbed some stuff.

- Same man (or at least same exact clothing and weapon) shot me almost point blank.

- Re-spawned normally.

- Within a minute, I got disconnected with message "Confirmation of Change: Authentication Time Out".

- For about 10 minutes afterwards, I kept getting disconnected from the server barely within a minute of joining with the exact same message.

- The server ranged from 38/40 to 40/40 during this time period.

- Finally I was no longer getting disconnected (didn't reboot, reload the game or anything, just kept joining, see what would happen) and played without problems for about 2 hours.

Any idea what the message meant? I could not find anything about it.

From what I tested, it was not a connection issue on my side, I had a constant 20-25ms and no desync. The server was properly patched up and seemed overall quite stable. I also never had this message before. My battle-eye was initialized properly every-time and up to date.

Edited by Mutonizer